Plastic Track Painted

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Plastic Track Painted

Postby arroldn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Last week I repainted the turns on my Scaley Sport track. They had been painted with Rustoleum Textured paint per the recommendation of the late Bruce of Forums Cup DaVols Cup fame. So I repainted with Krylon gray spray primer and paint.
Most of my race ready cars are shoed with Urethane tires. Lap times so far are right at the same times I was getting with the rougher surface. The surface is not as rough as the textured paint but not as smooth as the stock track.

I know people rubber in their tracks for proxies where rubber tires are allowed. My question is does Urethane lay down anything in the racing groove? Will this track get faster as more cars run on it? I am a host in the Forums Cup Proxy which uses Yellow Dogs as the spec tire. Just need to know if I need to run cars on it for the track to come in or is it the best its going to get as it is?

I am experimenting because when I set up cars on my track their performance differs on routed tracks. I was considering painting the track with a flat latex paint as well. Would the latex paint give it the same characteristics as a latex routed track?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale