[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HSRR McLaren

HSRR McLaren

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

HSRR McLaren

Postby fotodoug » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Just got this one...needs a LOT of work!
fotodoug

Re: HSRR McLaren

Postby Jesla » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Need to hire a driver as well...
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 pm

:text-goodpost: VERY NICE LOOKING CAR, Great Photo :text-bravo:
Dose it run :auto-driving: as good as it looks ??? :?:

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Look at the articulating elements of the steering. Twitch it back and forth using the guide to find any hangups. I have found that they need just a little bit of oil at each joint (and sometimes a little filing of the joint elements), and the guide needs a touch of soft white grease like the RC guys use at the pivot. use Tamiya polishing compound on the gears. The chassis itself might need a bit of trimming to help with float, there's a bit of weight to be added, and once you match your tires to the track surface, go racing! I did all this to each of the three I had, and they all ran great. I sold them to 3 HRW members (I can't remember who), and they all seemed happy.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby WB2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Some tuning tips on the HSRR website: http://www.historic-scale-racing-replicas.net .
There were a few articles in Model Car Racing Magazine on these cars. They ranged from lowering to replacing running gear with SlotIt chassis.

Of the four cars produced, I have three in my collection (including the coveted Dan Gurney car). These cars were produced by Bill Peters of Sn3 model railroading fame (see www.p-b-l.com for examples of his products). I believe scale fidelity was the raison d’etre for the line. I recently heard the cars were badly panned by someone in the slot car press when they came out, causing Bill to lose interest. I tried to engage him in conversation on these cars but had no luck.
At one time he owned a Can-Am McLaren and was the third owner of the McLeagle.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 am

Bill lives down the road a piece from me. I have raced on his in shop, wood slot car track a couple of times and was given a tour of his injection molding process which includes on-site tool and die machining for use in his injection molding machines. He does it all at his place. He is an interesting character and a very talented model maker. Like WB2 said, his primary focus is very high end model trains.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:18 am

I would really like to make this car race-able, but it seems like I would need a lower profile motor to get the body to sit at a proper ride height. To get the body to sit at the height I did for the photo, I had to remove the motor. Stock, the body sits almost 1/8" higher at the rear wheels...just looks odd. I'm going to try my best to get this car right...it's a beauty!
fotodoug

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:57 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

I wish my HSRR McLaren ran out of the box as well as it looked!!! But I have no problems with my Slot.It M8D and I bet I'll love my Thunder Slot M6
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks Chris, waaytoomuchintothis, and WB2! My buddies Gerrit and Ron may have a solution to that rear wheel positioning problem...
Those uprights are 3D printed versions of the Revoslot uprights, and I should be able to adjust the ride height perfectly once I install those! I will keep you informed, and take photos of how I did it....then I'll take photos of how I should have done it!!! :lol:
fotodoug

Postby fotodoug » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Just playing around with the McLaren...sure is pretty!
Last edited by fotodoug on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fotodoug

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

I have one of these. It is a cool car - I like the mods that have been posted I will be applying them to both my Rev/Mon and HSRR McLaren :)
Great photos Doug :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Does anyone know if you can get the stock wheels off the axle?
fotodoug

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:12 pm

I tried as strenuously as I dared with no luck, at least with a chance of rescuing the rims
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale