[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Revo Slot vs Scale Auto

Revo Slot vs Scale Auto

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Revo Slot vs Scale Auto

Postby GTI » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Has anyone run these cars against each other or have any comments regarding performance of one to the other. I really like the way the two companies are handling their 1/32 scale slots. On the other hand I really do like the value and performance of my Slot-its!! But I want to maybe get some GT slots.

Thank you
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Revo Slot vs Scale Auto

Postby Xr4ti » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 pm

The two are equal on my home track running 3.10 - 3.14 on lane 4 of my oval.
The SA 'Raybrig' Honda and the RS 'TSW' Porsche are bone stock, gravity only.
SA is a plastic SW w/pod, RS is a metal AW with more of a center pan type chassis.
Both chassis are designed for tuning and have quality components, the RS is only 100 grams, the SA 98.
The RS has metal gears, the SA is some composite pinion and spur.
How they will end up performing after a total tuning is anyone's guess.
It'll be fun finding out.
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 am

Thank you for the information!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:13 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby GTI » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

Saw that previously, very helpful. Thanks!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm

My thoughts for what it is worth, and recognising we run on a somewhat technical 85' wood track with copper tape:

I have three Scaleauto cars that I run: Mercedes SLS, Honda HSV10 and a BMW M1. Even though there are detailed differences and updates on the different cars, I still find them to be quite similar in how they perform. My overall impression is that they are very delicate in design and construction, almost to the point of feeling flimsy. I just do not get the same sense of solidity and quality that one would get from a Slot.it for instance. Having said that, I have never had anything fail or break: they just feel delicate.

All of them are reasonably well prepared with glued and trued urethane tyres, decently blueprinted generally, body float, pod float with tape etc etc. Best lap times for the cars are as follows

Mercedes: 6.646 sec
BMW: 6.767 sec
Honda: 6.784 sec

So: not far apart at all. These times are around the best 16% (Mercedes) to 37% (Honda) of my cars. The Mercedes subjectively feels the most solid and planted of the three: not sure if the inline configuration has something to do with it. Also it is quite a bit heavier than the other two cars: 96g vs 82g for the BMW and the Honda. Part of this is due to the heavier long can motor in inline configuration but I have also added about 7g of weight to the Mercedes just behind the front axle to improve the balance of the car. No weight added to the other two: maybe I should experiment with this. And I would readily admit that I should be able to get some more out of all 3 of them with some more attention. But also realise that a lap under 6.8 seconds on Luf's Targa track is pretty darned quick: not many of the guys in our group have done laps under 7 seconds FWIW. Also realise that a well set up car (some of my proxy prepared cars) lap under 6.5 seconds with a lap record of 6.022 seconds (which is stupid fast).

I found the RevoSlot Porsche to be a solid, heavy, well designed and manufactured car. I am not used to metal chassis so I was not quite sure how to prepare this car... so I did very little! I glued and trued the original tyres (behaves like NSR SuperGrips, which can be very fast on our track), set it up so it sits properly... and that is it! I didn't know what else to do!

And it promptly did a lap of 6.508 seconds! This is really fast: in the top 6% of my cars.

I suppose I could still try to find something more to do to the car but it is just so quick and easy to drive I really could not be bothered.

In terms of appearance I think these cars are pretty equal: all of them are very nicely done. I think the modelling of the RevoSlot Porsche is a bit "off" as it just does not capture the look of the 1:1 car particularly well. In that respect I think the ScaleAuto cars are a touch better.

An that is about it for similarities and differenes from my perspective. I do not think you would be disappointed with either brand: they are all very good slot cars. The biggest difference to my mind is in terms of "solidness" and potential durability: I think the RevoSlot car has a clear edge here.

Hope this helped and did not just muddy the waters even more. Good luck with your decision!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Oh and the Revoslot is quite a bit noisier than the Scaleauto cars, all of which are whisper-quiet.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

:text-goodpost:

Now THAT is a report :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks Harry: appreciate the kind words!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Hopefully, all subsequent RevoSlot cars are going to have basically the same chassis, motor and tire combinations. That will make them all nicely competitive with each other.

Scale Auto have made so many changes in what is basically one range of cars. From the inline Mercedes and Pagani, to the adjustable chassis sidewinder that under the Honda and the BMW, and now the long can anglewinder in the Porsche and Viper and Corvette, it makes things difficult to get a group of equally-equipped cars. The newer anglewinder chassis are much better IMO than the earlier attempts, especially the one that was under the Spijkers!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale