[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - questions about new car I recieced today

questions about new car I recieced today

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

questions about new car I recieced today

Postby rick42 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm

I purchased an NSR Audi R18 . I got it today in the mail. When I unboxed it , I looked it over and noticed the front axle is completely free to move up and down in a kinda a frame holder on each side. Has no bushings , set screws or anything to adjust the axle. When I set it on the track , the front end of the frame drags the track , because the axle is free to go all the way up , so It wont hold the frame up off the track. Nothing holding the axle in place. Am I missing something here ?
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: questions about new car I recieced today

Postby gascarnut » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:22 pm

There should be 4 setscrews in a bag taped to the underneath of the base. If not, then you will need some #4-40UNC setscrews, like those used in the gear and the wheels.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Yes there is. I just found them. And I suppose these go in the top and bottom of the a frames ? What size wrench are the screws ?
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Also , you can see in the pic with the body off , the front axle is sitting on top of the wires going to the guide. I mean its rubbing against it. And when I put the screws in the a frames and adjust the axle down , it will be worse.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm

The wrench size is 1.3mm or .05 SAE. The screw is for the drop arm it goes in from the inside of the chassis.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm

What about the axle resting on the wires ?
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Also if the chassis was dragging then most likely the guide flag needs some spacers to lower it a tad. The chassis should have clearance without any front wheels attached at all.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:43 am

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indidragracer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:22 am

Gonna stick my neck out a little bit here.
When you get a new car, examine it thurroly and check everything that comes with the car. Think it thru as much as possible Before using the internet. This way you learn and get experience. I don't claim to be an expert or something, but i learned this from an experienced racer. I had problems with a car and could'nt figure it out so i asked him what to do. Have you checked everything, he asked. Yes i think so i replayed. No you can't, if so you would have found the problem. So i went back and started over. It took some time but eventually i found the problem, my self.
Now, i don't say you should'nt ask questions here just sayin take your time and check everything twice. Test. Start over. Repeat until stuck.
indidragracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:00 am

NSR cars are designed to run on Ninco track, which has raised rails. In that case the guide flag would support the front of the car and the chassis would not drag on the track. If you run a car with a traction magnet you would usually be better off if the front tires only touched the track in the corners. Without traction magnets it is better if the front tires are on the track at all times.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 am

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 am

Looks like your guide wires are not completely in the slot that's provided prior to running under the front axle. If there's a grub screw left over it will go on the underside of the chassis to stop the guide arm from moving. The hole is just behind the guide flag I believe. You have purchased an incredible RACING slot car, once you make adjustments and tune the car to your liking you will love it.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:32 am

Thank you. My intentions were to do just that. To upgrade from what I have been purchasing. This is not my ideal body style , but it is the 3rd Audi R18 Ive purchased. I have 2 slot its that are amazing running and handling cars. They are my 2 favorite of all I have. So I thought I will order what I consider , a higher quality one. And I believe it will be just that, after I get it set up as needed. There doesnt appear to be any slots for the wires to go in. I will double check that one. I did find the screw to stabilize the guide arm , wich I will do. Thank you for your reply.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale