[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - MRRC Cheetah

MRRC Cheetah

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

MRRC Cheetah

Postby fotodoug » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 pm

I've always liked these cars...this one is very smooth, and I've lowered it a bit.
fotodoug

Re: MRRC Cheetah

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 pm

Gorgeous shot.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:17 pm

That's what I did. Makes a huge difference difference in the look and the handling. I'm looking at other MRRC cars, like the Kellison, etc. I was amazed.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bigman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 am

That's for the great post. :text-thankyouyellow:
bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 am

Another of the Cheetah...
fotodoug

Postby Rleog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 am

Beautifully presented, as usual. Are the Mag wheels stock or aftermarket?

Thanks for posting this.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 am

Too bad that MRRC doesn't offer these cars / kits anymore. Does anyone know why they decided to discontinue making them?

Doug - great pics!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 pm

fotodoug

Postby WB2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Paul Gage has a nice offset tire for MRRC cars that’s 3/8” wide.
I don’t know if the Cheetah body/interior will allow that width.

MRRC doesn’t list the Cheetah on it’s website, but the car is readily available through dealers.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 am

...just one more...
fotodoug

Postby WB2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I had no idea MRRC offered a roadster version of the Cheetah.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MRRC-Cro-Sal-S ... SwqaJabL7u

Pricey little devil.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

They didn't... the seller is correct in thinking it was the wrong car for the box.

I sure it's a Bower(?) resin body
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Bowser? Maybe?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:54 pm

As far as i know they never offered a roadster... I could be wrong though (but I can check with the distributor and see if she has any). REH in Cincy was the distributor.
The project kinda faded once the original owner passed away (after he got the project nearly done AFAIK) and the company that makes the MRRC stuff (which is a combination of the Cric Crac family in Spain and maybe the German distributor H&T) didn't really seem to do much with the MRRC line. I KNOW REH has quite a bit of products there from them including Porsche 911 kits but the MRRC line wasn't a huge seller (here in North America) AND when the Carrera 1/32 Cheetah came out it pretty much killed the sales of the MRRC car which was quite a bit more expensive here.
It's a delicate thing to talk about for me because of my connection to the Carrera project for 1/32 (which I helped to get done) and my friendship with REH. Also the only approved Thomas family approved Cheetah was the Carrera one... I know the Thomas family was a little hurt that someone would have made a Cheetah and not even asked them for their approval or even for their blessing.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby WB2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 pm

The Cobra box would explain things if it served as a donor car for a resin body.
Then again, could it have been a one-off prototype?
Mr. K knows about the Carrera Monza prototype that showed up on the auction site.
There’s also been an MRRC Chaparral 2F there in Targa Florio livery. At one time it was listed as a manufacturer’s prototype (and I’m sure it had blue numbers on that listing).
As for licensing, was it as big a deal years ago, especially considering MRRC was a British company where society isn’t lawsuit happy?
Anyhow, the Cro-Sal looked pretty good in the photo.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale