[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - MRRC Cheetah

MRRC Cheetah

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: MRRC Cheetah

Postby Jesla » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:15 am

It's Bauer Resin.... no mystery here sorry guys.

http://world-of-slot.de/index.php?doc=s ... a5ec15f9f4
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 am

BTW I mentioned all this because I hope that slot racers get that the Thomas family itself recognizes the importance of the slot cars. They don't think of the toy Cheetahs as unimportant or something that's "just a toy" they feel strongly that the life of the Cheetah as a legacy is tied directly to slot cars themselves (both at the beginning of the history of the cars in the 60's and going forward today).
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Dewman51 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 am

Where can I get a Cheetah Roadster body or kit ??? I've been looking for one for ages!!
Dewman51

Postby indidragracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:04 am

To get a Cro-Sal roadster you either try to get the Bauer resin body as in link above (what i did) or you get a MRRC coupe and start hacking it up (what i did). The modified version is not yet finished but any year now i will get there.

Last edited by indidragracer on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indidragracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:45 am

George Turner models shows one on their website too. The roll bar is different from the Bauer model. It is listed in the "not in production" section. I don't know if that means no longer being made, or a future product . I am not real familiar with their website.
I threw in a bid on the one in the ebay link, but I didn't want it bad enough LOL.
That actually went for a fair price $90 + shipping. The box and base is the one for the #00 Shelby Cobra with the older front motor chassis with the crazy powerful red can motor, so I assumed that was what it was mounted on. Nice work on the model too.
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Guildman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:05 pm

I put an APB out on one of the slot car Facebook pages I'm on and a charming Spanish gentleman offered one of three he has available. It came in a very short time from Spain and was beautifully packaged and unmarked. I was so impressed by the finish and detailing that I have left it as is with just the addition of some aluminium detailing of the inner wheel arches (as far as my vintage Supershells chassis with steering will allow) and some self adhesive aluminium tape on the rocker covers, wind deflector and exhausts.
I will need another at some time as I want to do the Bill Thomas red one. I have the original Road and Track mag. with the first Cheetah on the cover and a nice cutaway drawing inside. I love the no compromise design of the car.

Martin
Guildman

Postby WB2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm

This thread has been all over the place.
Question for fotodoug: did you do anything special to the body, like wax or polish, or are the stunning results all due to the photography?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fotodoug » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Thanks WB2, it's an unpolished, unwaxed, MRRC Cheetah. It's a body that has a really great paint job...maybe I got an exceptional one, it's incredibly smooth! :text-thankyouyellow:
fotodoug

Postby Dewman51 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Tried to get the Bauer resin body-- no luck there! Guess I'll just have to try to make my own. We'll see how that goes!!
Dewman51

Postby Guildman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:46 am

I confirm what fotodug says. The finish is so good you just won't want to paint it yourself! I and my son swear it's a very, very dark green, darker even than a BRM, but wifey says black. It's so dark it does look black in certain lights.

As for the Cro-sal, I think George Turner does or did one as he has always been THE Cheetah man ever since his early (and rather oddly) 1/64th days. But he does tend to come and go a bit with his resin kits. Sometimes they're there and sometimes he stops doing them.

Cheers,
Martin
Guildman

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale