[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Scalextric Daytona Prototype - EYE CANDY ALERT

New Scalextric Daytona Prototype - EYE CANDY ALERT

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New Scalextric Daytona Prototype - EYE CANDY ALERT

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New Scalextric Daytona Prototype - EYE CANDY ALERT

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:47 pm

WOW indeed! I had to add this one, since the team is Ohio based. MSR (Michael Shank Racing) :text-thankyouyellow: Scalextric!!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:57 pm

I wonder how Scalextric did the gold chrome. Looks incredible.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Very clever decoration job. Looks amazing.

I think I want one.

For sure, have to have it.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:55 pm

The gold chrome looks great in real life.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 pm

In the pictures anyway, it looks like the gold is very decal like.
The aliment and symmetry issues also give it an applied look.

But anyway, it is eye popping though I'm not a fan of the cars.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:00 pm

That is one nice car. How does it compare in lap times say to a Slotit GT40?
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ccobra » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks. I just may look into one of these.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Sadly, mine will be a shelf queen. Just can't bring myself to run it. Even my wife said the same "You're not gonna run it are you?"

But I have the first version and I run it off and on. None of the guys in the club bought the first one, but they drooled and jump for the gold one. If they want to run them, I'll swap paint with them with the red, white & blue car.

Buster
busterfla

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 pm

That is sharp!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby scatman » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 pm

So, I went over to Regalman (Blake) with both Prototype cars for some racing, and realized the newer car had a different motor. The older model has a green motor and the new one is black. The newer car is much slower. It was the same thing with the new Javalin
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:07 am

The metallic (foil decal?) livery is certainly beautiful. I bought a Slot.it Rebellion Lola for the same reason....I don't really care for the modern prototype cars but that livery was outstanding with the gold metallic. This has a similar attraction.
Nice livery!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 am

Tony, I am sure you guys opened it up and peeked. From looking at the bottom the ones I have look black, but take the body off and they are actually white.

I just checked all the new ones I have. Javelins, Mercedes, and this latest DP. All white/translucent endbells. I have no black endbells.

In TACH testing with my rig, they are about the same.

Top is this latest DP, bottom is last years release. You have me curious to say the least.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:02 am

OK Tony, something you might try: Make sure the motor has a light drop of oil on each end.

I have now bench tested 12 this morning and 3 of these started out very slow. All three were white endbell.
The bushing in the can end is basically bone dry. Quick drop on each end and in about 15 seconds...ZOOM. Up to speed.
From low to high I have one 20,200 Green endbell with one white endbell at 21,800.
All the rest have a 300-400 variance with no color having a clear advantage. These ranges are actually typical for these motors.

Hope it works out for you guys.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale