[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My first Policar

My first Policar

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

My first Policar

Postby slothead » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:35 am

Last night while on the SCC website buying the new #63 Scalextric Javelin, I was tempted to find another car to consider for my Can-Am series. The price was right ($34.99) so I bought this too: Policar Ferrari 312b #1 Jackie Ickx

Anyone know anything about these cars? Is this likely to be competitive with HSRR, Carrera, and Fly Can-Am cars? With PG tires the HSRR McLaren is the fastest of the bunch on my track, even slightly quicker than a box stock Slot.It Chaparral 2E. The Fly Porsche 917/10 and Carrera McLaren M20 & Porsche 917/30 are all within a few tenths of a second of each other with stock tires.

Also, anyone know of a source for urethane tires for this car? It's not listed in the SCC PG tire selector.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: My first Policar

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 am

This is the Slot.it car except it has good plastic wheels instead of aluminum rears and allows front axle adjustment (the early Slot.it cars didn't have that feature). Otherwise they are identical, and very quick.
Tires that fit the Slot.it will fit the Policar.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

You might find it more than competitive.... it's a very quick car.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks for the responses. Now I'm very eager to get this car and get it broken in. If it's anything like my first Slot.It car that I purchased a few weeks ago, at this price, it'll be a great addition to my collection.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Got the Policar Ferrar 312B today and it is a very nice car. So far I've put PG tires on all my Can-Am cars (Carrera, Fly, HSRR) but the Policar Ferrari and the Slot.It Chaparral are solid performers with stock tires.

I would get other liveries of this car but they are out of stock most places.

If anyone reading this has never had a Policar I recommend putting one on your wish list.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby slothead » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Despite saying I wasn't going to put PG tires on the Policar Ferrari I got some from SCC and made the switch. It's now an even better car. I was worried that putting PG tires on this or the Slot.It Chaparral 2E would make them too fast, but this car got better without upsetting the balance in my series.

I guess this means I'll end up putting PG ties on the Chaparral too and hope my other Can-Am cars can still catch it.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:53 pm

PG are a good idea most times. All mine get fresh shoes as well.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 pm

It's a Slot It...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale