Artin DigiPro experience

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Artin DigiPro experience

Postby viejoronnie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm

As luck , karma, etc. would have it, I will soon be building my own 1/32 home track, a replica of a real track I raced in the 60's, Austin Raceway Park, sourced through a kind member of the HRW forum. Two 4 lane tracks should just be enough.
But in my search for such gold, I came across mysterious posts and foreign youtube videos of an Artin 1/32 Digi Pro track system that allowed running 6 digitally chipped cars to run on a two lane track. I have not seen a review of Digi Pro and assume it was a marketing failure much like Artin 1/32 analogue.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Artin DigiPro experience

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm

In the US, Artin Digipro were sold only one Christmas season about 10 or 12 years ago. I think they were only sold at Walmart since I don't recall reports of any other retailers carrying them. I bought two sets at the time because Wallyworld was selling them at fire sale prices after Christmas. I just shipped them off to another member of this board about three months ago.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am

I was big into1/43 Artin and Childford back then. I bought a lot from Frank at Slot Car World, but never saw Digi Pro there.

Did it work? I read some posts that the digital stuff was made by the same co. that made the early Carrera digital system.

IYO would it be worth looking for a working Digi Pro control system to add to my new track, for the fun of it?
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 am

It worked pretty well although I think the electronics were a bit nimic. I never had anything go bad in the very short time that I used them but I heard reports of a lot of powerbase failures from others. Artin used really strong magnets in the cars, bigger than the ones in the analogue, in order to trigger a reed switch in the base track which triggered lap counts. Those magnets, combined with the already not too robust Artin motor ment for a pretty slow and very stuck down magnet car. They would'a been great for kids an newbies.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Do you want a digital track? They're only needed if there are four or more racers often.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Artin DigiPro worked pretty good for the first time around. It was a heck of a deal since it came with 6 cars out of the box. The downside is that it was only sold at Walmart for one year. Had Artin developed it further, it could have been even better. Seems kind of a waste of the injection molds for the control unit, pit lane and lane change track to only do one production run.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale