1/32 slot racing at a nearby commercial track

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: 1/32 slot racing at a nearby commercial track

Postby RichD » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:18 am

All of the Shoreline Model Raceways tracks have XLR connectors which eliminate the problem of miss-connected controllers. Some of our tracks have screw post connectors as well.
My HO club has several solutions to the problem of the same people winning all of the races. A most events we have chooser races, that is the people will have to choose between two different classes. Often we the final event of the day will be a consolation race for the drivers that did not win that day. Looking at the results for the last season there was hardly anyone that did not win a race.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 slot racing at a nearby commercial track

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 pm

Well, it has been over a month since I ordered a replacement wireless analog module for my Scorpius controller and I still haven't received in the mail. This week was the first race I have missed all month over at Holly Hill. Having the wireless controller was a big help for me seeing the entire track. From the end driver's stations seeing portions of the infield road course is impossible in a wheelchair. Having the wireless controller allowed me to sit midway on the front straight and see 99% of all the lanes on the track. It also seems like the number of racers from week to week has settled between 7 and 8.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale