[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Revo Slot Porsche - Your Reports

Revo Slot Porsche - Your Reports

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Revo Slot Porsche - Your Reports

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Some have mentioned this car, so those that own one please chime in and give us your thoughts.

Photos are always nice. Thanks to all in advance.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Revo Slot Porsche - Your Reports

Postby paul gage » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:52 am

IMHO Harry... Best factory production slot car this century! There is nothing to do to the car but drive it fast! The tuning obsessed will hate it! And they'll need a machine shop to modify it! Newbies will love it and hate it too. It's all the driver now! This car has 24hr endurance champ written all over it. IROC's for sure. A bullet proof chassis I'd have no problem lending out. Revoslot, please do a Corvette.

Lots of tires available right off... PGT's, Quick Slicks, Slot.it, NSR... just about any that fit the 15x8 alloy category. Just need a 1.5mm driver for the larger (and much easier to see) set screws. BRM kept the price down by using brass tube axle spacers that can be replaced with 3mm axle collars as used on any 1/24 scale BRM or Scaleauto chassis. Comes with an alternative extra deep guide too.

10 out of 10 from me...
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:05 am

I'm almost with Paul, though not quite a 10/10 for me.

Pro:

* The stock tires work amazingly well on my wood track, easily as good as Slot.it N22 or NSR Supergrip.
* Two guides provided, one deep for wood tracks that went in right away.
* Nice quality on all the parts.
* Great speed and handling from a relatively mild motor.

Con:

* Use of 3mm axles and setscrews that need a 1.5mm hex driver mean that more parts and tools are needed.
* On my car, the outer aluminum section that holds the body and front wheels was not flat. I had to disassemble the car and tweak it to get all the wheels touching and the body laying flat and horizontal.
* Noisy gears.
* Protruding motor mount screws.

Overall, this is a great addition to 1/32 slot car racing and a benchmark for a lot of other manufacturers. Money well spent, IMO.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 pm

The 3mm axles are a bit of a let down regardless of it being what BRM used on its 1/24 cars and it is certainly not the new industry standard as others have suggested though I did bite the bullet and bought another hex driver for it - I do have 5 1/24 BRMs. I took mine apart for no reason as thats what I tend to do with any car. I recentered the front and rear bearings and reset the motor lash. Another company has released silicones for it with the correct amount of meat in the center and I have those and it runs quite well with them though they could be a hair taller. Overall, while a bit portly at 98gms I'm quite happy with it and I think the price is quite reasonable as well.

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 pm

I want to love this car as I am very familiar with the 1:1 Champion car... But while it certainly is really nice mechanically, and seems to be a great driving car, the body just does not look quite right to me, especially the front. I guess I will have to reserve final judgment until I see it in person...
Racer944

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm

I enjoy this car as it drives like a well tuned Slot It Group C car out the box. Like someone mentioned, there's not much set up or tuning needed to have fun with this one. Check alignment of bearings, adjust gear mesh add 22 shore rs202 tires and go!!! Still working on this one and my TSW has not stopped for pictures yet.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:24 am

Brumos

This one is looking great, good work with paint and decals
Looks fast already.

Regards
Radarek :banana-dance:

Nice... the brumos collection....
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm

It looks like the Revo Slot BRM chassis is the most sophisticated/high tech RTR chassis on the market. My local club has a Revo Slot class for one quarter this year I may get a white kit and relivery it in a fantasy Martini livery for the season, then repurpose all the bits in a lightweight plastic/ pan chassis, with a "sprung" motor pod, and "independent" sprung front hubs for my home club track.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale