[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Congrats to our own David "dreinecke" ,Model Car Racing #97

Congrats to our own David "dreinecke" ,Model Car Racing #97

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Congrats to our own David "dreinecke" ,Model Car Racing #97

Postby ourwayband » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Huge spread on his great layout in Model Car Racing #97.If you don't take the mag you can still check out the free preview on their site..http://online.fliphtml5.com/mdog/kywa/
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Congrats to our own David "dreinecke" ,Model Car Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Very cool!
I just received the new issue - but hadn't had a chance to open it up yet!
Congrats David!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Great...now that he is bigtime, he may never answer my calls. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Let me see... Isn't that the 3rd track Reinecke has been famous for? He's going to be impossible from now on. Good grief.

But I really like all his tracks, dammit. Li'l booger is really good.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Awesome, I’ll have to run out and get that issue. Good excuse to got to my LHS.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Thanks for the plug Rusty! Sadly, Bob came down to shoot the pics for the magazine the week before I tore it down. Good memories of that track!

Bob was here a few weeks ago to race with the Vintage Club. He wanted to know if I had the new track done enough to take pics of for the next article - you know before I decide to move and tear it down again ;)

I told him it isn't remotely ready, but that I'll start working on it when the snow starts flying.

And Rob - my wife told me I'm already incorrigible - but that it has nothing to do with the track...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:43 pm

While I really do like Dave's new track (I've been one of the lucky guys to drive the T/A proxies cars a couple of times when they've visited), I do miss the technical aspect of the old one especially with the tight curves with little room for passing. You had to think your way around that circuit. Now to get Dave to help me with my forthcoming track in my garage...
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 am

They forgot to mention the main part, "All Around Nice Guy" . Not only does he make fantastic tracks and resin models but he helps out people when they are at a low point and need some good solid advice. He really cheered me up last winter after I received some bad news and he gave me a a lot of hope for the future. Now I just need to go and order one of those Cyclones from him. Thanks Doc.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:44 am

Great looking article..........I really have to build some of Dave's castings I have.
(I'm just too fond of the Dremel & I hate to think what I'd do to them!!!!!!) :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Congratulations Dave! Definitely well-deserved!

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

Excellent write-up, well earned!!!
73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks for the comments gents!

Mark - that was the goal with the old track as you know. This one is not the same obviously, but I have to say I've really enjoyed it. Let me know what kind of track you want to build and let's get cracking!

CCobra - not sure about "All Around Nice Guy"...I usually go by the moniker "King of the Dum-Dums".

73emgee - your track is eclipsing everything I've ever built. I expect yours in the magazine soon!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale