[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Racing in the Dark

Racing in the Dark

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Racing in the Dark

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:24 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: Racing in the Dark

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 am

Yes sir, I like seeing that. What a hoot that must have been.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am

Cool stuff!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

It is cool racing in the dark! And you do tend to be a little more cautious at the beginning, but since you've already done over 2 hours in the daylight, it isn't long before you're pretty near the speed you were running during the "daytime".

You may have noticed there's one car that has blue lights. This was the Team Can-Am car. Everyone else had white headlights. After speaking with Steve, I went with blue for our car. This made it easy to tell which car was ours in the dark :D

Here you can see it's just coming under the bridge..
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby RichD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 am

Complete data is available for the race, you can see every lap for every car. The best lap times for the night rotation were only a tic slower than the daylight rotations. I found it to be more difficult to find the right place to get on the power exiting a corner. A bigger problem for me was passing. I had the blue (center) lane, so there could be a car in either adjoining lane. In the dark I could not see what the other car was doing as I tried to pass. The cars in the lanes next to me both tended to fishtail and I did get bumped off a couple of times. All of the cars used the same motor, so they all had the same top speed, I never passed anyone on a straight. I had to get on the gas a little sooner while exiting a corner or try to out brake them going into one.
It is too bad that most of the guys in the Shoreline club do not have lighted cars like the ones that we ran this past weekend, it would be fun to do part of one of our regular weekly races in the dark.
Last edited by RichD on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 am

Racing in the dark for Sawtelle should be very easy. He's spent his whole life in the dark. :lol: :banana-dance: :violence-smack: :teasing-tease:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale