Need Information on Minnow Motor

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Need Information on Minnow Motor

Postby Mayberryman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:38 pm

The slot car club I race with is changing some of it's motor rules for 2018. Among the changes is to our 50s F1 class, all cars running FC 130 cans will be mandated to run the H&R 18K motor, both in the Scaley front motor cars and the Cartrix rear motor cars. All cars that run the FF motor will be mandated to run the new minnow motor. I will add that we run magnets with a max of 90G magnet attraction as measured on a Magnet Marshall. I am of the opinion that the Minnow will not be able to keep up with the H&R motor and will render the FF motored cars unable to compete. I will add that our club does not allow for the changing of gears, pinion or crown. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Need Information on Minnow Motor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Not sure how a club can mandate without any TESTING?

Has there not been any prior to changing the rules?

Not being forced to mix motor classes, I couldn't say either way. The variance and torque difference of the HAWK would likely give it an advantage. If I had to guess.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chrisguyw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:35 pm

With 90G of downforce and with only stock ratios allowed, the bird will be having fish for dinner ;)

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:00 pm

The minnow is a decent motor especially in the smaller cars, it has a decent top end without all of the twitchiness of the scaley motors. That being said they won't compete well with the Hawk motors. They would run great against other like motored cars, but they lack torque coming out of the corners compared to the other motors. They would compete better against the H&R Jack Rabbit motor.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale