[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Ford MKIV Concerns

Scalextric Ford MKIV Concerns

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Scalextric Ford MKIV Concerns

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Well I didn't think they performed that well. The PG 22125's work though if you need them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWAdmin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Looks a little better with the PG

Posted using Tapatalk Pro
HRWAdmin
Site Admin

Postby Racie35 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Reaming the rear bushing holders lower and jb weld the bushings in will cure it..maybe sand the fronts
Harry's right though..shouldn't have to...it's almost like the rear was an afterthought for them...oops

On second thought...that'll knock the motor shaft out of line..just toss the thing in the parts bin.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 pm

What I've read about these has dampened my enthusiasm for them but that photo with the PG's improves the looks no end. Maybe if the tyres were just turned around on the hubs it would make it look more appealing but then there is the skinny motor to contend with too. Does someone have the wheel base and width of the rear axle for these?
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 pm

I’ll post more tech data tomorrow if it will help.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:28 am

Harry,
I hate to see this poor car not get the needed attention, feel free to send it here for some proper love .... :dance:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby RichD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:01 am

To me that car just does not look right, for a start it looks like it has 14 inch wheels. If it would be any help Sloting Plus makes 0.3 and 0.6mm offset bearings.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:06 am

Anyone know of a larger diameter metal rear wheel that will accept the stock tire? Then you can sand down the stock tires some and still have more ground clearance.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:11 am

I suspect the only viable solution is what we said at first- its 2 parts, lower the axle and get rid of the rear wheels and tires. You can easily make inserts from the plastic wheels, and swap the motor if its necessary after making the rear drive so much smaller.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby WB2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am

Or buy an MRRC or NSR.
The swoop on the rear quarterpanel on the Scalextric just doesn't look right, nor do those weird looking wheel wells (it's almost as if the designers used the photo of a leaning car to make the prototype).
At least they got the front opening rear "hood" right, something NSR missed. That was a Sebring-only item.
And that goofy raised rear spoiler.
Call CG Slots or Olifer and have them whip up a printed chassis.
Rather sad an icon car was so crudely done, especially in light of the recent Ford DP car that was great.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:21 pm

All that said, I do think it "looks" better in person.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Looks like a candidate for an Olifer 3D printed chassis.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:17 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 pm

I wanted to be the hero that figures this one out, but when I began shopping for one... I bought another Javelin instead. Frankly, I'm not sure I would want the car with all the body errors, Mr. Bubblehead included, even after coming up with something amazing to fix the chassis/rear wheel nonsense. So I ordered the Javelin and did a pre-order for another Javelin that's coming soon. Chances are I will have spent less on these two than buying and fixing the MkIV.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Slot GT » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:50 pm

I just have to know...is that drivers head actually as big as it appears to be in all the photos I've seen. It looks huge.

Shame about this car. I was looking froward to getting one.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale