A Winnebago for scenery.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: A Winnebago for scenery.

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Hmmmm....
This might make for a cool track timing tower as well....
:think:

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:13 pm

In light of the recent incident at Las Vegas I think maybe a man on a tower with a shotgun aiming down at a crowd would be in bad taste. I got my Winnebago today. I'm sure I ordered it on ebay but it came from Amazon. I've never played with legos in my whole life and this project will be interesting. I suggest for others who have ordered this kit that the various parts be organised in separate bins, like an ice tray or two or three. It may be harder than I thought to skin the vehicle with sheet styrene and it's too early to tell whether the model will look too lego-ish with it's normal skin.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Don't be put off by the "Lego" look. It isn't really that noticeable unless you are up close to it. I have the 1/64 Winne from GreenLight. It is diecast. The one I have is not from the T.V. show ,so it is nice and clean Todd. And the tower is cool looking also.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:00 pm

I ordered mine from eBay and it also came from Amazon yesterday. The directions are actually pretty good. Reminded me of IKEA assembly instructions. Good thing since 400+ pieces. Finished it last night. I agree that the Lego look is not evident unless up close. My only real gripe is that pieces that assemble as Step XYZ are not bagged together. The bin idea is always a good one. I am now figuring out to put in interior LED lights without having the light shine through the minute lego cracks.
This is another quality product from McFarlane.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:54 pm

It took me about 4 hours while watching TV to assemble the model. I agree that the "lego" look only becomes evident when you are up close and personal. At first I thought it a little big for 1/32 scale. But after placing it next to a slot car on my track I think it's very close to 1/32. Also the standing figure seems to be about the right height for a 6' tall man. I'll bet that Amazon is wondering why all the sales all of a sudden.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Mine arrived last night, can't wait to put together, I was a big LEGO fan in the day so this will be nice.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale