[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thunder Slot Lola T70 spyder

Thunder Slot Lola T70 spyder

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Thunder Slot Lola T70 spyder

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 pm

I just bought my first slot car this year. The Thunder Slot Lola T70 spyder white kit. It was $15 cheaper than either of the two versions with liveries. Race cars from the late 1960's had pretty simple paint jobs and markings so I decided I will decorate it myself. The white kit comes with a bunch of alternate parts and no description of what goes where. So one must do some heavy duty research to come up with an assembly plan. I will post images later.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thunder Slot Lola T70 spyder

Postby bigman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

HI Bob :text-bravo:
Sure glad to see your back. :clap: :clap:
Those prices are up there that's for sure. :o
Can't wait to see what you do with your new car. :auto-checkeredflag:

bigman :text-bravo:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:43 pm

I am glad to see you back, Bob. The spyder seems like a lot of car.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:19 pm

It's a nice car. Picked up the Gurney but at the major price increase, it will be my last until they start going on discount.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:53 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GPCruisr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 am

I bought the Peter Revson livery. I would say that out-of-the-box, it is one of the the best cars I have picked up. I did very little to set it up and have a car that I am pretty happy with. I might try to eek out another 1/10 of a second or so, but for the most part, its pretty good.
GPCruisr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 pm

Pricey for sure, but , yep always a but. I needed it to fulfill my monthly addiction.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am

I prefer an upper grade car and Thunderslot is that. I have raced most brands and I think Thunderslot was the closest to being ready to race out of the box of any brand I have used. A little grease and oil, adjust the front axle, add a set of Quick Slicks and it was ready. After that tune to your liking.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 pm

There certainly are a lot of pieces to choose from and it will be interesting to see how it ends up.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:37 pm

I can't believe that in 2017 we still can't get slot car companies to throw in a simple assembly instruction sheet with their white kits. Mind boggling.

Looking forward to see how it turns out.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 am

A lot will depend on whether I decide to make it a replica of one of the famous racing driver's car. I am leaning toward Steve McQueen's light metallic blue Lola. Otherwise I will just pick my favorite combination of components and make my own livery. The one component they included baffles me. They include an exhaust setup with the pipes coming together on top of the rear deck into two tailpipes commonly seen on the Lotus 40. I would surely like to see a Thunder Slot Lotus 30/40.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 am

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Very nice finish. Good job.

On my Gurney, there was a shim for that rear screw. It fell out rather easily, but luckily I had it on the bench.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale