[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Have a cup

TGIF - Have a cup

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Have a cup

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:34 am

They say today is National Coffee Day. Well, I don't need an official day :)

Maybe we should also call it "National Scratchbuilder's Day"?

Heading to to assist our daughter in the Love's/Subway Family Fun Day

HRW is a sponsor for this and I will be at the BBQ grill controls on Saturday.

Today we plan a quick stop at the LHS Mark Twain, to see what goodies I simply cannot live without.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Have a cup

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:57 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:09 am

Man... I need a cup 'o Joe this morning...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:27 am

For those are close enough, this would be a great reason to go slot car shopping as well.

Mark Twain Hobby Center is an excellent shop with a very good slot car selection. Not to mention an impressive amount of parts.
So if it has been awhile since you made it there, here is your chance. Stop by and see us at Love's for a nice snack (need energy for slot car shopping) and then it's not far to go!

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWAdmin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 am

Come on by Dave! Have a new silver bullet ready to go!

Posted using Tapatalk Pro
HRWAdmin
Site Admin

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:21 am

Nothing starts the weekend like a toy box arrival.

But I hope The General doesn't see it...might stop my shopping plans :lol:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby grenou2009 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Knowung that I'm out of subject, I did not know where to ask this question, can anyonw help me with this, sorry to barge in this way Harry
Hi to all of you, , I just bought and received 2 new Carrera 132 Formula One cars, the Mercedes of Hamilton #30733 & the Ferrari of Vettel #30763. Very fancy cars, but very touchy to dismount; can you tell me "how to access to the frame and motor and maybee to remove one magnet from each car" ? There are 4 screews under the chassis,1 on each side of the motor, 1 between the switch and the guiding keel and 1just in front of the front axle...
Do I have to remove all 4 of them ? Is there a easy way to remove the body without braking or twisting it ?

Thank you
grenou2009

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

I've just been enjoying the cooler weather the last couple of days. Any time is a good time for coffee. I should get my care package from SCC tomorrow. I can finally finish my McLaren M20.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 am

I've been on the couch for the last two days recovering from periodontic surgery. Ouch!!!! Soft foods only lots'a television but thankfully I Am allowed coffee! Happenings for the week prior to going under the knife, was the demise of my old wood Big D oval. She hadn't been used for two years, was relegated to living outside under a tarp and quite frankly took up way too much space. One thing I did learn from her dismantling is that my use of MDO plywood as the racing surface combined with braid, makes for an almost indestructible slot car track, even when exposed to weather, including standing water when the tarp ripped in one corner. Not an inch of the braid had lifted or was the bond weakened in any way. As with all of my dismantled tracks, nearly all of the hardware and much of the wood will be recycled into my next slot car track. Even the Big D was partially built from materials from a previously dismantled track. I have even reused braid in some of my projects.
Last edited by Nor Cal Mike on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am

I'm spending the weekend... SEEING! As of this morning, I can focus fine, and there are no double images or other surgery after-effects. Guys, I might as well warn you. I may be still talking about this a year from now. I can't get my head around the idea that I was legally blind less than two weeks ago. The Dr said that I might have the biggest change in vision of his career.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Outstanding on the new vision. You can now find those 17 lost screws and parts under the workbench. You might want to skip the slots for one day and go girl watching at the local mall for an hour or two. The track will be there when you get back. Congrats again!
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Had a great day grilling for the kids today.

General Myway and our granddaughter Taylor help Chelsea fill balloons for the kids.

Taylor and The General walked through the entire parking lot, front and back, with signs and baked goodies for the crowd.

Taylor approves of the Sno-Cones.

Perfectly clear photo of me at the grill, with my daughter Misty (the boss) helping with directions.

Great day of grilling and spending time with the wee ones.

OH..did manage to sneak a couple slot cars on the hobby shop visit.

I'd say a very nice Saturday.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm

And like I said, this is a good place to shop slots if in the St. Louis area.

Hmmm, right on top and easy to grab. I like that.'

Why look at that. The same happened on the Scalextric side. Coincidence? Conspiracy? Hmmmm

Came VERY close to a digital set here. Had it in the aisle and no "look" from The General. In any case, nice selection.

Hope you all a great time this weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

TGIF - Have a cup

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Simply awesome to see that Harry - and YES, that is a great hobby store!

I spent the past week in MN and was sad I couldn't race with the guys there as my conference got out too late on Thursday night, but I did get to crawl all over THIS:

Check it out here: http://www.cafmn.org/

While I was gone, I got a ton of boxes - silicone, resin, shipping boxes, parts, you name it. Polishing the Monte Carlo to ready it for a silicone bath. And this is right behind it...Image
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Well after setting new high temp records this week we suddenly found fall overnight.
1 c is pretty cool but wakes you in a hurry. I have a new friend who has helped me in the garden with trimming bushes and cleaning out old gardens. Today was to be a dump,run or 4 , but the rain put an end to that plan. So looks like next Saturday will be the dump day. Go figure , a dump open one day a week. I'm sure I could singlehandedly keep them going 3 days a week for a while.
Rob great news about the eyesight , wonderful to hear such good news.
Tomorrow planting grass on the new track. In preparation for a couple of proxies and the Annual Octoberfestival of speed at Canfield Green.
Have a great one everybody.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale