Digitize Pioneer Cars for Carrera?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Digitize Pioneer Cars for Carrera?

Postby Chunker88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Can you digitize a 1/32 scale Pioneer slot car to run on a Carrera track?
Chunker88

Re: Digitize Pioneer Cars for Carrera?

Postby noddaz » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 pm

I have not done this, but I would say yes.
If you use a Carson digital decoder in the pocket on the Pioneer car, it should run on Carrera Digital track.

I need to do this on the Pioneer Mustang I have.

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

what noddaz said
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Yes for Sure use the Carson Digital Chip take 5 Minutes plugs right in and ready to go those Pioneer cars are a lot of fun!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:10 am

I used the Carrera chip and just cut off the bottom of the interior. Right now both of the Duke boys are double amputees. The car runs pretty good.

Can someone tell me where to get a Carson chip for a reasonable price? The ones I found cost more than an entire Carrera digital car.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:36 am

The Nice Part of the Carson chip is you really only need to buy one or two of them just put it in the car your driving at the time.
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Chunker88 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I love the Pioneer Camaros. Use to have a 67 Rally Sport when I was a teenager
Chunker88

Postby proxieken » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am

This is the Pioneer race car with the numbers scrubbed and re-purposed as a street car with some LED lights added. The Pioneer cars are some of the most amazing cars when you get them apart and look at them. The level of detail is nice.

It seems to run pretty well also.

Installing the chip was easy, I just removed the door and used the same screw from the top to hold the Carrera chip in place. The biggest pain is getting rid of the drivers feet. In this case I have a spare half-tray interior from an old Carrera Camaro that fit perfectly.

I placed a small spacer under the screw because I thought the switch might hit the track. The spacer set the chip a little deeper in to the car chassis.

Wiring is pretty straight forward as well, it just takes a few tries to make sure you get the wires on correctly so the car runs in the right direction. The lights are not really needed, but a couple of cheap LED bulbs and a little solder and they are easy to connect. Remember that these have a polarity as well, so you just have to make sure to run the power in the right way. I think I get it right the first time about 1% of the time. :oops:
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale