nice 1/32 bodies from Bob Clidinst

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

nice 1/32 bodies from Bob Clidinst

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:39 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-32-HUFFAKER-I ... SwmoxZtrQb

You guys might want to take a look at this. Lance Sellers, has cast some Indy car bodies in 1/32 that Bob mastered back in his days, 60's and 70's. He is listing these bodies at a great price with all the trim you need for a slot car body. Lance is one a handful of resin casters that makes and sells near perfect scale resin kits of Indy cars. You can find his kits on ebay from time to time for well over $100. I follow the Indy car forum some of these resin casters use and their level of craftmanship is fantastic and you can go to Lance's website and see examples of his kits the guys have built. These will be really nice bodies.

Bob Clidinst was a well know scale modeler. He was an Indy car fanatic and drew scale plans for most Indy cars in the 60's. He also designed the Strombecker Dirt Track Racer and a few other cars back in the day. I think Lance knows Bob's son and was able to get access to some of his stuff, like these bodies.

There is a Model Car and Track with an article about Bob's home slot track in the 60's. It was a small oval with Indy cars on it that he had built. I think the cover of that issue had a color picture of the track. He would be right at home with what most of you guys do.

Pull up the auction listed above and look at his other items to see what bodies he has made and has listed.

mb
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: nice 1/32 bodies from Bob Clidinst

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Had to grab that Huffaker car. Thank you for sharing the info.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale