[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Ferrari 458 GT2

Carrera Ferrari 458 GT2

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Ferrari 458 GT2

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:32 am

Has anyone had experience with the wheels/axles on the Carrera Ferrari 458 being bent or not straight?

We decided on a Carrera GT class after liking the Ford GT. I chose the Ferrari, several other cars are in use (Lambo, 2 Ford GTs, a couple of Corvettes ). Every other car was smooth out of the box, and the Ferrari was twitchy and jumpy on every corner.

Upon examination, both axles were bent. I bought a full set of new wheels/axles. The rears are fine, but I can see the fronts are out of round.

I have already pulled and trued them but due to the splined axle I am not confident they will stay true even with glue. I also had to glue the motor in to smooth out the rear end.

I like the livery, but I am about done with the car. It's not competitive and it's supposed to be a box stock class....I can't change wheels or put a new front end in the car. I don't want to keep spending money on new wheel sets hoping for true ones, when the other cars are smooth out of the box. Any hints?

Or is it just time for an orange Ford GT?
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Ferrari 458 GT2

Postby Mayberryman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 am

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Ferrari 458 GT2

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

We tried PG, but they were not as fast as QuickSlicks on our track. In either case, tires go away after 5 laps....so it's all sliding after that.

So we do run QS rears, and there seems to be a difference between softs and firms but the car is just plain not smooth.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale