Sharing cars

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Sharing cars

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Back before summer when I was getting ready to start the solo racing Trans Am Challenge some of the guys asked if it would be possible for people to run their own cars and submit their lap times. The simulation program I wrote reads in a file with lap times for each car in the race and simulates a race with all the cars running at the same time. It's my way of keeping solo racing interesting and be able to recreate classic race competitions.

At that time ModlerBob said that if anyone wanted to send him some cars he'd race them on his track and report on how well they did and their lap times. I said I'd send him some but was traveling and missed his PM response. I just saw it this week and put 6 Trans Am cars in the mail yesterday for him to try out.

Image built by Kev Schofield.

Some of these cars have PG urethane tires, some have Maxx Trax silicones, and some have the original stock tires still on them. Since I don't true or glue my wheels and tires, Bob can swap tires around as he chooses. I even sent him 2 extra pairs of Maxx Trax tires in case they work well on his track.

I'm looking forward to hearing what he thinks of them and what he gets for lap times. Have fun Bob!

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale