[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Carrera Bel Air #90

New Carrera Bel Air #90

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: New Carrera Bel Air #90

Postby Racie35 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Just one...nothing like it to race against. Unless you think a field of like cars is cool..you could by all,liveries
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm

But a field of them IS cool.

How is it any different with modern NASCAR? They all are the same. Change the grill stickers??? They all are the same. It's a (insert car brand here) because of a few stickers?

So get a field of 57 Chevys. How is that not cool? We have them. Race them all. It's a hoot to see the big bowties flying around.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:15 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks for the photos Harry
I thought it had some lettering on the roof -
Golden Greek Emanuel Zervakis - he raced some cool cars :)

I am going to make some decals for the roof - looks like he had a #90 on the boot as well. :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Sure, very slight. But not enough to really give them that much character to me. I like the SCX NASCARs a great deal. But in battle on the oval they don't have the identity the classics do.

If I could wave a magic wand, I would definitely have a 56 Ford for that Chevy.

Or a new series of 80s NASCAR. Maybe 1979? My list goes on.

Guess if you don't like or need more than one, you just pass on them and buy the cars you really want. Or BUIlD what you cannot buy until they do.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:13 pm

I'd buy a few of them, and use some paint and a few of the numerous decal sets out there to make your own fleet of 57's, those are really sweet!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm a long time Carrera supporter, I owns some 300 odd cars most of which are carrera
however I feel that if, in the case of the Capri, if you can't make a better version only
cheaper, will not get me to open my pocket book.

As for the '57 chevy, my first car was a '57 chevy and I have 2 carrera '57's but the
lack of a running mate won't encourage me to buy more.

Most of us run on 2 lane tracks and have little need to 4, 5 or more of the same car.
I know Dave is in a tough place but I've seen this movie before....Ninco or SCX ring
a bell?

Where are they now?....
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:46 am

Not talking just Carrera here but really, when they come up with a car they could offer most liveries, but they don't.
Seldom do they offer white body's either like back in the day so you could do what they don't or something you wanna copy or create.
It's a strategy and we're stuck with them calling liveries...."new" cars.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:24 am

On the whole, though... What a great place to be stuck!!!

I look at what's available out there and can't believe how lucky we are these days.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:37 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:40 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Racie35 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm

No.. because they didn't sell well. I've discussed this topic with people like myself who are either employed by companies or distributors and dealers. All have the same story, sales are low because people tend not to want to paint. There are a few who do, i am among them but it's a FAR smaller amount than you'd imagine.
The last Nascar white cars that Carrera had in stock I could BARELY give away.... we had to discount them heavily and it took more than a year to sell even a handful of cars.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:07 pm

Hard to imagine people not wanting to paint, but I think it must be so. There were so many white kits from Fly and Scaley at one time, and I wish I had bought a backlog of them. These days, I get cars used or on sale, strip them and paint away. I still have backup airbrushes I haven't used yet.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale