Waiting for Scalextric Trans Am releases

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Waiting for Scalextric Trans Am releases

Postby slothead » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:20 pm

I was really disappointed a year or so ago when Scalextric removed the yellow #79 Cougar driven by Mark Waco from their list of cars to be released. I thought they were abandoning it and planned to do my own version, but then they said it would be out this fall and preorders are now being taken.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting its release along with the #63 Javelin livery. Anyone know when these are likely to be available?

Also, are we finally at the end of the line for classic Trans Am liveries, or are there rumors of more in the works? Has Pioneer given up on the Javelin? Wouldn't it be great if Pioneer or Scalextric were able to do versions of the 'Hot Wheels' AAR Cudas SCX released? What about the Dodge Darts that won the seasoning opening races two years in a row?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Re: Waiting for Scalextric Trans Am releases

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:34 pm

While we're dreaming, the Datsun 510 and 240Z TransAm cars were great, and would be wonderful to see.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby slothead » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Can I have a couple of 'PO BOYS' sandwiches to go along with these dreams? Might as dream big.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Oooo, I grew up amongst the old New Orleans Po-Boy makers in the French Market, outside the French Quarter. On weekends, we came to town from out in the country (wetlands), and sampled the magical city. There's 5 kinds of New Orleans traditional sandwiches, and if I had my way, I'd make one of them for everybody here. Muffaletta? Oyster Po-boy? Hot Shrimp Po-Boy? Scanty Roll? Mmmmm! Growing up so close to New Orleans is why I became a fancy cook.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Racie35 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 pm

I found it and answered my own question....cool car...can't wait
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:48 pm

The Bob Estes Cougar is due in October and Scalextric is showing a good pre-production photo:

The Jocko Javelin is due in January and the pre-photo I've seen looks really great.

I'm saving my pennies for both!

As for other cars coming - I think the 1970 Firebird would be the next logical choice for Scalextric to do.

As for the 510's...got those ;)

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks David - that Cougar will definitely be running on Shelby-Hendrix Speedway this fall. When available it will free up the chassis from my version made from a Cougar white kit to end up under an RMS resin Dodge Dart body to honor either the #18 Ron Grable or #44 Bob Tullius.

There were two well known Firebirds in Trans Am, the #8 driven by David Hobbs and the #92 BF Goodrich car. I built the #8 car using an RMS resin body on a Scalextric Camaro chassis. But, given my modeling skills I'd definitely buy an RTR version if available.

I'm a classic Trans Am O2 (over 2 liter) guy who loves the muscle cars in that series. RMS resins is the go-to resource for a wide range of O2 and U2 bodies.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Yep, I have a box full of David's resins, and they really are the best.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Mayberryman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 pm

slothead, let's not forget the Jerry Titus Firebird can't remember the number at this time. I remember the old BFG car, after it was sold to an SCCA A sedan driver it was campaigned as The BFG Tirebird. I got to see that car run a couple of times at VIR.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 pm

I have the only Cougar in the Trans Am series that is running now and she holding onto her position in mid pack...any kind words from my fellow racers...
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale