Monogram Cobra Daytona coupe for Carrera use?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Monogram Cobra Daytona coupe for Carrera use?

Postby David C » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:05 am

Anyone ever convert a 1:32 Monogram Daytona for use on a Carrera digital track? I know the in-line stock chassis won't accept the chip, but I see Shapeways makes a chassis for use with a Slot .it inline insert.
David C

Re: Monogram Cobra Daytona coupe for Carrera use?

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:48 am

I don't see why you couldn't fit a Carrera chip in that car if you lose the front mounted motor either through a third party chassis as you mentioned or by modifying the existing chassis yourself. I have been known to cut a hole into existing chassis to fit pods of various manufacture. The nice thing about the 3rd party chassis is that it eliminates that work. One also might look into seeing if the Carrera 289 Cobra chassis would go under the Daytona body. That would give you factory mounted digital chp. As you are probably aware, in the 1:1 world of the 1960's, the Cobra chassis was fitted with more aero friendly bodywork to create the Daytona Cobra. You will also have to lose the full interior for some type of a tray interior. The key to successful transplant of the chip is ensure that the LED is aligned with the sensor in the track.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 pm

I converted one by putting a Carrera Cobra chassis under it.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11168

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby David C » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 am

Thanks for the responses; MrAdept; unfortunately your links Photobucket images cannot be seen; did you change out the wheels and tires on the Carrera chassis?
David C

Postby MrAdept » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:11 pm

For the Daytona Cobra I left them with the standard Cobra wheels as they were fairly similar.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale