[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slotwings

Slotwings

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Slotwings

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm

I have found a Slotwings car that I would like to own. But, I am not familiar with this brand. Does anyone have any experience with these cars? How well do they run? Thanks in advance for your help.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Slotwings

Postby cj74 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I only have 1, but I'm a big fan. In my limited experience with both, I found the Slotwings to be very close to a Flyslot.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm

A rose by any other name.... same family.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FC47 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 pm

That is true as far as tuning them, i have quite a few in the mix of iron here, which one are you after? My 917, and 917 & 512 long tails tuned up on rubber or ur or sili are a blast, alpha chassis and motor pods, my 761 was a sweetheart, and too the Brabham from the start, my 935 took a little axle height adjusting, and now the car is a wild treat to drive...

So which one is this must have you've found??
Last edited by FC47 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks for the good news! I am a die-hard Fly fan boy! I believe they single handedly saved slot car racing from total extinction or at least just being kid's cartoon toy. I think it is pretty well documented that the quality of Fly models forced all the other slot car makers to up their game significantly. I am looking at the Lola T70 GT. I was going to get the new Ford GT, but that can wait, they will be around for a long time. I currently have eight of the Fly Lolas, so this one will fit in perfectly.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:49 pm

The Lola is a great car. I have it and with just a little tuning it was a rocket and with great handling.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I have 2 of the Slotwings Ferrari 512BB's. One has a 26k Shark the other a 22K Shark and both have Slot.It rear ends and Ultragrips and they will both run rings around the Sideways BB's I race against. I also have 1 Fly Lola T70 but it is the Alpha version with inline chassis and it's a pig of a thing. Hopefully the Slotwings T70 doesn't have that chassis.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gaborart » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 am

Also an option is a 3D printed chassis!
I have a Fly Lola T79 Mk III with one and it is a rocket!
Matt at CG Slotcars has a lot of options -- ask about his carbon 3D chassis -- very nice.
Here's a link to the Fly Lola T70 Mk III chassis for a slot.It pod:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GCW8S ... d=43631392
gaborart

Postby Czar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Gaborart, is there enough room in the CG Lola chassis to fit a Carrera digital chip?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 am

We all wanna have fun here as well, so... here's a good one - when I read "Slotwings" I pictured a completely different type of slot car.
You know the kind - those non-scale "doorstop shaped wingie thingies" that circulate on "King" type commercial tracks through bogs of "glue" in less than 1.5 seconds! Guess I'm not up on what's offered in the world of production based 1/32 and 1/24 slots anymore.
OK guys, ya gotta be smilin' just a little. So, from this (primarily) HO slot car guy... Enjoy!! -- Ernie :>)

*** No offense intended to those who enjoy "wing cars" - slot car racing's kings of speed.
There was a time in my life (a long time ago) when I raced GP27 cars, too! -- E
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 pm

I just went o the Shapeways site to ask about the fitting the Carrera chip. Can't send an email or ask a question unless I become "member". Not looking to get on another email list, just looking for a little customer service. So,tapping into the collective wisdom and experience of HRW, has anyone on this board put a Carrera digital chip on a Lola t70 chassis from Shapeways? Do you have to be a "member" to send them money? If so,that would be a deal breaker for me.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:30 am

Thank you, Harry.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantabriamadrid » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi.

SLOTWINGS is born of FLYSLOT. At first it was a brand of the group, now it is an independent brand, but that shares molds and models.
cantabriamadrid

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale