[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera DTM cars and the real thing.

Carrera DTM cars and the real thing.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera DTM cars and the real thing.

Postby chappy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Well as i sit here watching the DTM from Norisring Circuit and think of all the Carrera DTMs i have , and subdued urge to go and race them right now. I noticed i am just awaiting the new Audi which i suspect should be along shortly.
So these cars are a real blast, really competitive and really low ground huggers.
The Carrera cars look so realistic in liveries and so comparable in performance its hard to pick a favorite.
The only thing i have done is replaced the rears for Paul Gage urethanes. But i would like to see if there is a simple way of lowering them without changing the great looks.
If you havent watched one of these races, you should try and see one, the competition is fierce and the cars are very fast.
Thanks Carrera for some great cars.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Re: Carrera DTM cars and the real thing.

Postby grenou2009 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:11 pm

I have 7 of them Carrera DTM's and I love them all, I have 3 BMW, 2 Audi and 2 Mercede; the fastest of them all is my old black BMW M3 then in order the 2 Mercedes, the 2 other BMW M4 and finally the 2 Audi's.
p.s. did you know that the last race " Norisring Circuit" was won by our canadian driver Springler in his BMW M4 #7; his last victory dates from 2013.
http://www.autohebdo.fr/tourisme-gt/dtm ... 86860.html
grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby grenou2009 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:24 pm

One silly question... can you tell me what type of souldering iron or whatever you call it to soulder so precisaly to the chip ?
p.s. excuse my english, I'm french canadian
grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Harry thanks for reposting the link, i bought all the supplies about 2 months ago and then couldnt remember where id seen the link. Lol.
I think the idea of using as much of the stock parts is ideal, works well and is certainly cost effective.
Thanks again
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby grenou2009 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:03 pm

grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:55 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Drewbert34 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Offset brass bushings on front axle give the desired body lowering results.

Depending on model, the rear can be lowered slightly by sanding the body posts. Thus far the BMW M3 has done the best with this. The Audi also did well. I've not looked at the Mercedes to see if it was possible.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:10 am

Great idea, thanks Drew. That will give me just what i want.
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Drewbert34 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby grenou2009 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Please do, thanks.
grenou2009

Postby chappy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Sounds good Drew. Id like to see what i can save using them
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Drewbert34 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Drew you have mail
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale