[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Phone timing app....

Phone timing app....

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Phone timing app....

Postby SRQSloter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi All, After a couple years away from the hobby I am back at it. Building another one laner 3x7 test and tune track simular to Slot Mods Super Sport track. Anyway I was wondering if any you all have tried those slot car timing apps for cell phones. Wasn't really wanting to spend the money on a pc setup.

Thanks.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Phone timing app....

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:47 pm

There are apps for iPhone and Android
I use Laptracker on my iPhone. It will speak you your lap times and now has saving and other cool features (I just updated it) I think I might have to put it on an old device and set up a more permanent timer

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 am

I tried one before and it worked ok...thanks for reminding me, I'll do it again now.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks DM and Racie35. That's what I'm going to go with. For all I'm going to be doing it should work fine.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RvE » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:23 am

I am using the Scalextric ARC app and their power base on my home track - its great!! I have disabled the track powering feature on the ARC track piece, and I use a regular Scaley power base with aftermarket controllers and power supply, so I am just using the ARC track piece for the sensor and bluetooth features and using the Scalextric App on my iPhone. It works great. There are some "How To" articles on this on the Scaley Forum - its is very easy. . The app has a lot of racing and timing features for 1 or 2 lanes. It really has improved my enjoyment of my home track.

I only mention this since since some of the site sponsors here are selling the "out of box" ARC bases for a great price (I think I saw some at $25 USD). I think these are extra parts from track sets. If you are a bit of an electronics hobbiest, you may be able to use parts from the Scaley ARC base in a routed wood track, and then you will have a full timing system that integrates wirelessly via bluetooth to your phone for $25! I cant think of any other lower cost, easy to use timing system.

Good luck RvE
RvE

Postby Doubleshots » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:54 pm

Doubleshots

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:38 pm

That's what I'm saying. Two or three new cars.

:banana-dance:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale