First Cartrix f1 ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

First Cartrix f1 ?

Postby seal666 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:17 pm

As a gift for making it through my first series of infusion therapy, my wife says I deserve a gift.
I'm looking for something to race with my scaley ferrari 325 and was wondering which cartrix f1 would be best choice? Yes I realize scaley motors are notoriously faster, but hope I can get close. I do have the ability to adjust voltage for each lane. I anxiously await your suggestions and advice.
seal666

Re: First Cartrix f1 ?

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:44 pm

The newer Cartrix - the Talbot and the Alfa have a quicker slimline ff050 motor in them - I think the Scalextric 375 has a standard motor in it. You might find those two closer than other Cartrix. The other option is a motor swap in the Cartrix is quite easy to accomplish
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby burad » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 pm

The available cars which are 'appropriate' to race against a ferrari 375 time-frame-wise are the Talbot Lago, the Alfa Romeo 158, and the hard to find Curtis Offenhauser.
Obviously you can choose what you want for your own track...
burad

Postby Mitch58 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 pm

I have the Talbot and the Aston Martin. They both handle very well. I've put 18K motors in both and they run better/smoother than my Scalextric Ferrari 375 and the Maserati.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 am

Can't help you with your question, but I want to offer congratulations for completing your first round of therapy. I hope you are able to beat this thing and build a great stable of vintage F1 racers. All the best to you and your family.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:27 am

Since you have adjustable voltage for each lane you should be able to equalize the performance of your cars, otherwise you might look into using Slot Car Corner Minnow motors.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby seal666 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 am

Thanks for the good thoughts, agent orange and southeast Asia were a long time ago. First recurrence in over 30 years and prognosis is very good.

The talbot is the car I was looking at. My local shop has the Belgium version and while online may be cheaper, l want to keep the shop going. Planning on keeping it stock except for silicone and using voltage as equalizer. Have about 6 scaley maseratti and vanwall plus the lone ferrari. First consideration would be to put a scaley power unit in the cartrix. Not planning on getting a lot of them. My daughter starts collage in a year or so, slot cars may need to take a break. Tuition is crazy high.

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations. Want to get my car before the offer is rescinded
seal666

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale