[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cars I miss

Cars I miss

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Cars I miss

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:59 pm

There are some models that I wish were still being made that anyone could just order or find on the local shelf.

From 2005

NINCO CART series

Not much came of it of course, but the few made were a hoot.

Scalextric IRL - 2003

Wow...the hours we spent destroying these!

Carrera D Type - 2003

Revell/Monogram Vettes - 2003

Good googly moogly. The fun we had here.

Revell/Monogram NASCAR - 2012 (last)

Going on 6 years since the last.

Scalextric Modern NASCAR - 2001

Oh my. Good thing they don't bring these back huh?

So what about you?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Cars I miss

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:12 pm

With the exception of the Jaguar - all American cars.

Hmmm....
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 pm

I thought it was only 63?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Dave probably painted some fantasy liveries. That's what I did with the various NASCAR Vintage cars, Trans Ams, LeMans, etc. Like you, Harry, I wasn't through with them yet when they quit.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Those 'Ninco Classic' type Carreras would be wonderful to have new versions. The Jaguar D Type, Maserati A6, Mercedes 300, Aston Martin DB5 and the Ferrari Uovo in particular.
Wish the Monogram Corvette Grand Sport, Daytona, and Porsche 550 came back out as rear engine cars - those front engine versions are a mess to try to chip for digital. I know there are some 3D chassis' that can be swapped out, but . . . as long as we're wishing.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby seal666 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I would add the Shelby cooper/ford King Cobra (at an affordable price) to this great list.
seal666

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm

All of the Ninco classics with the NC1 motor. A better price would be required because I passed on them for the most part when they were available before because I couldn't justify spending 3/4 of a C Note for a toy.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Vanquish Can Am. Love the detail on these, and the [hated by some] working differential is just too cool. 8-)

Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Yeah, I still have two of them with the differential intact and working just fine. All it ever took was packing the diff with grease to make them work great.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Good stuff guys...lets keep it rolling. A few more!

Yes we can have 4 or so Lancia Stratos, 4 GT40's, lost count on Porsche 917's...but only maker to mold and release:

If we are going to keep copying one another...copy this. And as Mike said: Classic motor please :)

And while we are at it, let's go ahead and bring this back.

And here is one coming up on 8 years ago...

:auto-checkeredflag:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby 4424ever » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:49 pm

WOW nobody's mentioned ARTIN yet :auto-driving:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Haha Dave i was just going to say the Artin Stockers . More bang for the buck, and the rolling chassis at $ 17.95 . It made for a great base to build from. And the tires were pretty decent too. We used to have enduranc races with them and would run all 8 cars 1600 laps each without a hiccup. The other one is the MRRC Toypta Grp 5 that seems very rare.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:32 pm

I was going to let someone else bring up Artin. Glad you did.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:22 pm

I miss the Proslot (European 1/32), mostly the Porsche GT2's they made. I had bought 2 when I 1st came into the hobby more than 17 years ago.

I also miss the Sloter Ferrari 312's....

And the Scalextric Cadillac LMP....
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale