[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cars I miss

Cars I miss

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Cars I miss

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am

I totally agree on the Artin's. They got me into 1/32 way back when I got tired of driving 2 hours to race RC's. I'm still running an Artin oval but the cars were such a nice simple platform as well.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Monogram Vettes and Cobras are some of my favorite cars!
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 am

I think someone should mention the K&B Ford GT, Pontiac GTO, and Mustang. I also have a thing for my Monogram Lola GT. Now they are mentioned...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:53 pm

I got into 1/32 a little late but I'd like to see the Carrera muscle cars of the past come back...GTO's, Willy's, Camaro's etc...!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:01 am

Scaley Gran Torino
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:52 am

You know, back in the middle 1960's, when commercial tracks were the standard and home racing (in anything but HO scale) was pretty non-existant, there was a whole class of cars - none of which are available today. They weren't made as models of current cars, but were far more imaginative and futuristic than the chromed rectangles that passed for Fords and Chevys back then. It was like the major car companie's "concept" cars actually came to life. All of these cars had another disappeared feature - drop arm guides. These cars could pull a 75 degree wheelie for the whole length of a 30 foot straight away! But, as I mentioned earlier, the coolest part was the way they looked. These cars might not have been the best pure racers, but they were very entertaining. I do miss my orange Manta Ray.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:09 pm

I still have a few K&B's and a couple Monogram midgets. the one I really miss are the Russkit 906, 2C and most of all the Cox 1/32 F1's.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:25 pm

I have a few:

Spirit 2002's - Awesome cars
Monogram Midgets - Those most fun I've ever had with slot cars
Fly Ferrari 512s - Absolute Jewels! Four of these running at once is a sight to behold.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Paul, you are totally right with the Spirit 2002 cars. They are/were gems.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Speedy,

Did you mean the Monogram 1/32 F1s? I don't believe Cox ever made any in 1/32 scale. Atlas did a couple as well that were great runners. Strombecker made several fantastice 1/32 open wheel cars with aluminum chassis that are hard to find and pricey too.

Czar is that your Turbo in your signature? I had a couple of standard 2002s and 320i's backin the 80s. Lots of fun! I currently 3 of the Spirit 2002s and one Gulf in black. I'm seriously hunting for the Kamei version.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:16 am

No, that 2002 is owned by my mechanic. He only works on BMW's and is a wizard! I owned three 2002's, the last being a Korman Stage 1 car. I own all but one of the Spirit BMW's, that I know of. I think another company attempted to make a 2002 slot car but is has no resemblance to the beautiful little Spirit models.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:36 am

well, unless my CRS has overtaken me, I sure thought that they did, a lotus and a Ferrari. magnesium I think frames and the same size motor as the mono midget.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:19 am

No Speedy, those are Monogram cars with a brass chassis not magnesium.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 am

A little late to the game here, but I really miss SCX's oddball cars, not for everyone but they are unique and can be a blast to drive.

Junior
Shop Teacher

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale