[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Interesting Sideways proposed model

Interesting Sideways proposed model

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Interesting Sideways proposed model

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:18 am

Seen this on the FB page about this car.

According to them:

Dear customers, stores , distributors,
We would like to present you maybe a future Sideways decoration of New Racing Car LB H Gt3. Please noted than this car is first sample. reference (SWCAR01A)

About production and price:
This will depend on the number of orders received because we want to maintain a correct price, if we do not have enough order we will not be able to produce this car because the price will be too expensive and therefore very expensive in shop.

Body will be made to china and chassis assembled to France.
Full Sideways mechanic parts:
All parts will be made by Sideways Factory (no slot it parts) , we send you more information soon.

Best Regads
Sideways Team

ps: Groupe 5 Series continue to live , we hope propose new mold. Thanks to all to support this crazy series.
I inform you than Sw53 Lancia Marlboro is now sold out to Sideways stock. Contact your reseller *ASAP*
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Interesting Sideways proposed model

Postby gascarnut » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:04 am

I'm trying to work out whether they want feedback on whether we would want the car itself or just this particular livery.

Maybe they are worried about over-crowding in the market for GT3 cars, with Scalex, Carrerra and ScaleAuto already providing these, and TA71 having a 3D printed version too.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

I think Sideways is looking for market feedback, as this seems to be a total Sideways product as stated full Sideways mechanicals, not Slot it.
The car seems representative of the Blancpain series from Europe. I dont know the following here in North America. Likely a smart move on their part. And as Dennis says the car and others innthe series are already well represented by other manufacturers.
Personally i would prefer to see them keep on time with the Grp5 models yet to come.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby joe lister » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:05 pm

I'd personally like to see it. Maybe not that particular livery. There are some much more interesting liveries for the Huracan that this one. Carrera did a lovely toy racer of that one, but there has not been a racing version produced yet. I know about the TA71 stuff, but I think that is more akin to a resin body cottage maker. They require a lot of work to finish, you still need to add your desired running gear and that can get...expensive.
I don't see them giving up on the Grp 5 stuff. They pretty much own the catagory and, if they don't do anything stupid, they will continue to dominate it. Which is ok by me, their Grp 5 stuff has been excellent.
joe lister

Postby Mayberryman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:14 pm

From my perspective I would rather see Racer Sideways continue to expand their GP 5 series as they are popular with the groups around me. As far as a GT 3, I would have no interest as, again, in my area that is the domain of Carrera.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Keep the Group5 stuff going instead please.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Wobble » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:58 pm

The GT3 cars don't hold a lot of interest for me but once Sideways have filled the gaps with the Group 5 cars I'd be more than happy to see them start on some of the Super Silhouette cars. - https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=super ... 00&bih=783
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 am

I have my Scaley GT3 cars and now that many have the pro chassis available I too feel that Sideways should stick with what they have already started. However I am sure that if they produce the huracan it will be excellent.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am

I hope they do make this car. I have a few Ninco and Scaley GT cars and I'd welcome better OTB cars in this field. I have the Scaley McLaren and Porsche GT3 and both are meh OTB for me (routed track).
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Seems to be a new trend going with SRC now asking for $$$ commitments before producing.

Suppose it does narrow the field. So many people post about "Wish you made this" and when they do, you hardly ever see them posting: "Just bought it".
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 am

I think it is an ominous warning from Racer Sideways. Didn't they recently discontinue one of their production lines? The way i read it, if there are not enough pre-orders, there will not be money to produce this car. It seems to me that Racer Sideways does not have the money and/or commitment to build the Lambo without reassurance they can guarantee sales to their base. It sounds like they are crowd sourcing with a promise. BTW, they could drastically improve their appeal if they were to mold the chassis and interior so a digital chip could just drop in.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 am

Just bought the Huracan white kit. Looks like it will be a screamer, if only I can figure out where the 30 odd fiddly pieces go. As usual nothing was included with the kit to show where everything goes.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:52 am

Bob, i had the directions on our website site. If they are not still up i can repost it. It all depends on if I am out of that car it may have come off the website.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GT6 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:58 am

GT6

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:26 pm

I say bring it on. More the merrier and it's supposed to compete with the NSRs of which there are plenty in the GT3 class so it's hardly an outlier in that respect. Sideways already does at least 6 liveries of the Huracan. I've the Gulf livery and with it's "paltry" 17/240 Baby Raptor and have beaten NSRs that run the King EVO (21.4/350) though I do give up some lengths on big straights but make it up in the twisties. Some of the new Huracan releases come with bigger motors more on par spec-wise with the NSR King but I'm quite happy with the little one I have. And I promise you the Sideways version will smoke any other current manufacturers offerings of this car. The Rockstar livery does look pretty cool though as does the carbon fibre Perminta one.

I've a bunch of Sideways' Group 5 Cars and I personally think the Huracan is the best handling one of the lot and thats saying something.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale