[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - If I can do it, you can too.

If I can do it, you can too.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

If I can do it, you can too.

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 31, 2017 8:46 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: If I can do it, you can too.

Postby 4424ever » Wed May 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Nice save Rob cars looks good
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Wed May 31, 2017 9:39 pm

There's more than one way to skin a cat and that cat looks well skinned.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm

I did something similar, the melting part anyway. In the winter after I painted something I would put it into an old food dryer to set up. My first Resin body was a '63 Falcon. I painted it and stuck it in the dryer, when I checked on it a couple of hours later the top and front fenders had melted and were misshapen. I was able to push it mostly back into shape before it cooled, but it was never quite right.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 am

Rob, If that's the car I sent you, it was a very old model kit body. might have something to do with the plastic breaking down after all these years? Sorry to see that happen, but one heck of a save! nice work.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 am

You are waytoogoodatthis. Well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 am

Light bulbs do not just heat up the air around them, they also radiate heat. It was the radiated heat that eventually did the damage.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Thanks, guys. I was so mad at myself for dropping it, I was bound and determined to recover it from total loss. Then when the meltdown happened, I was sitting there staring at the body gritting my teeth when this crazy idea came to me. Fortunately, the car is so fast, folks may not realize what they are seeing!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale