Tales from the Unexplained

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Tales from the Unexplained

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 am

I have a MRRC Clubman Ferrari 250 LM64 and it runs very well but the paint job has gotten a little rough. I also have a couple of the Revell/Monogram Ferraris with the sebring chassis. Same exact body, and since one of the R/M cars has rarely been run it's body looks brand new. So I decided to swap the new looking body to the Clubman chassis and low and behold it won't stay on the track. I even weighed them to be sure the weight was the same. I can't see any warpage on either body and none of the mounting posts are bent or cracked. I guess I'll chalk it up to the strange but true category and swap the bodies back.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Tales from the Unexplained

Postby padirtfan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 am

Bob, I know you're a very experienced guy with this stuff but it would seem like it has to be twisting the chassis. Did you try leaving the screws real loose.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 pm

"Tales From the Unexplained" Sounds like one of those pulp magazines I read as a boy.

I have seen obstructions that get between the screw posts and the chassis, and posts that are not equal height, too. The answer is no doubt staring you in the face, its just odd so it eludes at first. Be sure to post it when you figure it out.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Racie35 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm

It might be that the original had a twist or something...helping it.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby joe lister » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 am

Bob, just a shot in the dark, when you mounted the Monogram body to the MRRC clubman chassis, did you leave the Monogram interior in it? If I recall, and I could be wrong, the Monogram RTR body has a "deeper" interior. If you are not running a slimline motor in your clubman chassis, the Monogram interior and the motor might be interfering with each other. Might be somethng worth checking.
joe lister

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale