[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Thunderslot time

TGIF - Thunderslot time

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Thunderslot time

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:23 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Thunderslot time

Postby SuperSlab » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I fell in love with the Lola Mk III the first time I saw it "in the flesh" in the sixties. Now, 50 years later, nothing has changed: I still think it is just the most incredible looking car. This version in particular looks spectacular.

ALWAYS one more car to get: I am so weak...

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:04 am

Great car with American power and James Garner tie-in, not to mention it just looks like a really nice slot car model.

If any one hasn't seen it, they should chase down James Garner's The Racing Scene and watch it, or re-watch it.

The movie gets better over time because not only does it show lots of cool racing and racing cars, but everything has aged to vintage perfection over the last 45-50 years... even the background and incidental scenes, cars, tracks, and people are great.
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:17 am

Aw the T70, my favorite. I have a few.
Beautiful car.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Gameover » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 am

That car is gorgious!!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:20 pm

T was happy with my one Thunderslot Lola, the red John Surtees car. But along with that one, this one owned by James Garner has to be right up there at the top of my list. So until they release the spyder version this will have to be my last Lola T70 (ha).
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:41 pm

I would sure like to have a 1/32 slot car of the car that came in 3rd in that race, Lets see how many people know what that was.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm

I did find a resin 1969 Firebird body on Ebay. It doesn't look bad but maybe not as good as a RMS 1970 Firebird.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:45 pm

I was asked to test the motor to see how close it came to printed manufacturer specs.

Built a new test block for torque readings only. So time to try it.

21,575 RPM
200 g/cm torque

This has to be one of the most accurate specs a manufacturer has printed on the label. Given my own margin for error (a wide one) I would say trusting the label more than a good idea.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby tin_indians » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 am

tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

Motors vary. I can't comment on your car. Just the ones I own. I have all three and each car is this close to the label. Not that it really matters...they are pretty good motors and the cars run very well regardless of the numbers.

Posted using Tapatalk Pro
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 pm

I got mine today, Fri. 4/14. Just as I expected, it is a beauty. The only change I will be making is a switch to PG tires. The stock rear tires are good but I still think the urethanes are better (on my track).
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale