Transport damage OMT

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Transport damage OMT

Postby balsaworks » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos of a damaged car that I received in the mail the other day. I picked up a parcel from the post office, and it looked fine, but there was an ominous rattled inside. I expected to find a car that had broken free from the plinth and was rolling around inside the crystal case - not an unusual occurance.
This was different though. The chassis had fractured, not across the hold-down screw, but along two separate separate lines right across the chassis. I have seen transport damage before, but not quite like this. There was another car inside the parcel and that one was fine, as was the outer parcel itself, no signs of excessive handling force.
How did this happen? My guess is the car had been tightened down with the guide on top of the splinth, instead of in the slot.
Fortunately the body was undamaged, and now I'm waiting for a spare chassis.
I might add that this new Fly Lancia 037 is really nice. It's a beautiful deep red, the photo doesn't do justice. I already have the old white version and it's a favourite car that I often take out because it's so much fun to drive.
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Transport damage OMT

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Yikes! Looks like they tightened the retaining screw down too much or its a dual chassis like Lotus ran back in the 80s. Either way, nice find. I've a soft spot for 037s - I love my 7Up liveried one.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale