[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Karts

Scalextric Karts

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Karts

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Has anybody played with the Scalextric Karts? The reason I ask is that I just ordered four (two pair) of the generic set versions off of Ebay because they are on fire sale th the price of $18.99 plus $4.99 shipping. I figured, they would make a fun IROC that I can share with others on a really small portable track that is easy to pack around.

Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalextric-Red- ... 2601278984
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Karts

Postby frank9129 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Mine just arrived today. I have four Ninco Karts which are a blast to drive. They take the turns so well on my flat track.
These karts the kids will get to race. Not the Ninco karts.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Frank, I was thinking they would be great for your kids program. Especially because they are of the resistant series. I think Paul Gage made some tires for them. I'll have to look to see.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Oh, they will be at the kids races. I hold them back for the crash and burn. When I have two kids who have learned the track I throw them a curve and bring out two different cars. Not the Artins, Some of my good cars. It keeps it interesting.
My next race is scheduled for 4/15. I seem to be getting most of the races in the fall. All at once.
I try to keep up with them. I'll be 70 in May.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Dave, I remember your review. I looked for it but didn't find it when I looked in the review section.
I am glad that they are big because that should stabilize them and hopefully make them stouter. Will go the digital rout with these using the plug in F1 chip.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:11 am

Thanks Harry!
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:42 am

Yes it is very helpful. I also found a pretty good review at the Aussie site, The Slotcar Outhouse. I would be interested in the tires. Thanks! I looked at Paul Gage's tire list on Ebay and couldn't find them. I sent Paul a PM but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks Dave & Harry for your quick responses.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

I just bought and chipped two of these for my Carrera Digital track last month. Fairly easy to add a chip..I just had to Dremel away a bit of the steering column. Even added an old light bar I had laying around that seemed to be a good fit. Still need to hide wires a bit better, but we just had to race em quick! :D Also, had to play with mag vs no-mag as they didn't do any change in elevation very well, but do now.
If anyone finds anything out about tires, drop me a line..would love to try different\better than stock. I think that's the traction problem I'm still having. Thanks!!!
DaFisch

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:32 am

FYI just a quick reply back regarding a query I sent to Paul Gage asking if he made tires for these karts. His reply was no he never made tires for the Scalextric karts.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 am

That is mighty kind of you Dave. I kinda doubt that these Karts will be barn burners in terms of tire demand. I have four cars coming and may opt to buy one more pair if I decide to go SSD with them. So I would speak up for 6 pair IF you make another batch.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:03 am

Dave's tires are great on the Karts..Plus other rides too....
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:19 pm

I will speak up for 4 pair for sure..more if it helps production. Thanks!
DaFisch

Postby ming charlie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Thought I should let you guys know, two of the guys in our club ordered this set and then the site closed. Ebay or Paypal got their money back for them. Don't know what happened to the site. Just checked your link and it's a different site. VRC is a site we use a lot. They have some good deals most of the time.
Charlie
ming charlie

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 pm

My ebay account shows them having been shipped already with a tracking number issued. The ebay seller is VRC Hobbies. I have bought a number of things from them in the past and have never had any issues with them. Will keep you all posted on my success or lack of it.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale