[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 NSR Tire Troubles

1/32 NSR Tire Troubles

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

1/32 NSR Tire Troubles

Postby amateurslotter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

Has anyone had any trouble out of their batches of NSR tires lately? Bought a pack of NSR5230 Supergrips for my GT3 Porsche and went to glue them on the wheel and found that the tire was having a bad reaction to the glue I was using. Now normally I just use a regular super glue but I decided to get fancy and use a Bob Smith Inc. glue. Glued them on like normal, and walked away. Came back 10 minutes later and noticed cracks forming all around the tires! Anyone have any insight into this, or have any experience? Maybe it was the chemicals in the glue? Did NSR change their tires up?
amateurslotter

Re: 1/32 NSR Tire Troubles

Postby RichD » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:58 am

There have been reports posted in the past about defective NSR tires. You will always be taking a risk when you use a different adhesive, or with a new container of one that you have used before for that matter. I do not use rubber tires, but for years I used Gorilla Super Glue with silicone tires. About a year ago I started to have problems with that. I would glue the tires and when I checked them it was as if I had not used any glue at all. There was no trace of glue on the wheels, so the glue simply got absorbed into the tires. I switched over to using a high temperature silicone gasket sealant, which is messy stuff but it holds up very well.
From time to time familiar products get reformulated or perhaps the makers own supplier has changed something without telling them about it.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby detroitdit » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 am

Similar experience with CA glue and silicone tires as RichD. Also transitioned to gasket sealant with success under recommendations from other guys at our club. The messy part is something that can be overcome with the tire gluing tool from SCC. I started using this and it's very slick, my tires are turning out very well and virtually no mess. Here's a link to the video on how to use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
detroitdit

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:22 am

I use the amber colored Gorilla Glue. Thin application on the inside of the tire and on the rim. A light mist of water from a spray bottle and then I slide the rubber on the wheel. I wipe off any excess with a paper towel. This Glue slightly expands when setting up so don't over do the application.

Nice thing is that when you want to remove the tire it breaks away easily and leaves the rim pristine

Don't know if this would help with your tire issue, but a different glue technique might help.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:07 pm

What is the name of that variety of Gorilla Super Glue?
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:25 pm

I use nsr tires all the time mostly ultragrips
I always use UHU superglue liquid only
2 reasons
1/ it sticks very strong
2/ it doesn't react with the chemicals I use when I want to treat them

some guy's in club have tried the cheaper brands of glue and they react with them
I do believe this is the glue that NSR use themselves
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 pm

The Gorrila glue I use is the original glue and not CA. It takes a couple of hours to set.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

I've had NSR tyres split or melt when using some CA glues but Loctite Superglue Gel Control hasn't let me down as yet.

.http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_ug_ ... ontrol.htm
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 am

I have had the same splitting problem with Slot.it N22 tires at times, so this is not limited to NSRs.

Thanks for the tips on the brands of glue!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:40 pm

IC2000 outta SCC, never had a problem with NSR or Slot It F22's. Can be messy on your finger though

Buster
busterfla

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale