Technics chassis

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Technics chassis

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Here is the second chassis I built using the Lego Technics beams. They work well for slot car use. Bearings are fitted on the front axle and bushings in the rear.

Brass weights are drilled and attached to the plastic frame with self tapping screws.

I built my track based on running 1/43 scale so I have a lot of GO! track. I added inside and outside borders to allow 132 cars to be run in both lanes. However the lane spacing is pretty tight and there is not enough clearance for the cars to pass each other. This chassis was built with this in mind. Again Lego Technics supplied the material to come up with a solution. I am able to move the guide left or right, and this feature will offset the cars in the lanes enough to allow them to get by each other. The guide does not slide freely and will hold the position you move it into.

The 180 motor really propels this along. I have a GT40 Mark1 body to add to this. It is sitting in an alcohol bath getting the paint stripped off of it. This will wear BARC livery just in case I change my mind and send it to the Porsche/Ford war proxy. I have a few months of testing, and will decide then if the Cobra or GT 40 makes the trip.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Technics chassis

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:57 pm

That's amazing Dan, I hope you do end up entering it. I'd be interested to see how she does.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 am

Super Dan!!! Great work, you always come up with the most interesting idea's!![CLAPPING HANDS SIGN][CLAPPING HANDS SIGN][CHEQUERED FLAG][CHEQUERED FLAG]

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:21 am

Pretty innovative set up all the way around sir!
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale