[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - working wing light Slot.it Audi R18

working wing light Slot.it Audi R18

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Postby ePilot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi all,

Here my first try to bring light to the back of a slot.it audi r18

Regards, Gerrit

ePilot

Re: working wing light Slot.it Audi R18

Postby Rleog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Beautifully done, Gerrit.

(I forwarded this link to Maurizio)
Last edited by Rleog on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ePilot » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Thanks, Rleog!
ePilot

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

I remember how great those looked at LeMans. Good job on that, for sure.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Yes indeed, that looks very impressive.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Very cool!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby bigman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Wow that's nice!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby lancelotalove » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Gerrit,
Outstanding work!!. I have seen these in real life at night at COTA. They really make night racing a bit more exciting. Able to see the car around the track by tracking the light.
I also know how small that light area is on a slot car because i have the white audi r18 that is beside it. Im just trying to figure out how to install the 3 LEDs on the side of the car.
Can you give any info on how you did it?
Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mebrown » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:47 pm

I can't tell that's not factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mebrown

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Guessing this is plastruct optical rectangle strip cut to replace or fit inside the wing uprights. Blacked out with a white or red led under?
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby ePilot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the kind words!
@Lance and others:
First I tried to use the original wing with glued in transparant wing uprights. After 1 crash the wing was gone!
It was not possible to use the modified original wing. Very much too fragile.
So I have drawn a new wing and let it print by Shapeways in a transparant material.
The leds that I used are tiny ones : 1 by 0.5mm. With 0.27mm diam wires! From the model railroad shop!
In the wing uprights I left open holes and channels for the leds. Not very good to see in the pictures...

I do not know enough about the lights on the side of the car. It seems that it has to do something with the position
of the car in the race!? So you can't lit all lights for all the cars during the race. For this we need an electronics genius!
There must be a code for that. Someone knows?

Regards,
Gerrit

BTW : This car is also equipped with a Pipguide from Pipslot to slide with 4 wheels. more: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15836&p=186492&hilit=pipslot#p186492
ePilot

Postby Mebrown » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:59 pm

You put a lot of energy into this and it has paid off.

Also, how is that pip guide?

Mebrown

Postby ePilot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:53 pm

@Mebrown: I do like that pipguide, in my eyes it gives the car a more natural behaviour. It really drifts with 4 wheels left or right from the slot.
Maybe it is faster or not, but that is unimportant to me. I am not a competition driver.
And it gives our toys a nice technical touch! It is a beautiful invention of Pipslot!

Gerrit
ePilot

Postby Mebrown » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:09 pm

@ePilot: thanks for the response. I came across those guides and was very intrigued. If they give the car a more natural behavior, I wonder what it would be like with steering.

Mebrown

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale