[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Avant chassis arrived

Avant chassis arrived

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Avant chassis arrived

Postby padirtfan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:43 am

I ordered one of these to try it out. What PG tires fit these things?
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:41 am

I think I went with the 201205LM for a low profile. Center rim is 5mm wide, so depending on what car it is going under you should be able to find something that meets your needs. As long as you get something for the 5mm raised center, you can get something on there. PGT are pretty tough and flexible so even if you don't get the LM, you can still stretch the tire on.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:40 pm

So my chassis finally arrived last week. Definitely not as prompt shipping as some, but not mid-summer either. And I am now somewhat inclined to get a few more.....I am very pleased with the performance. The Avant cars deserve their reviews!

So, what to do? Awhile ago I decided to sell this one:

TeamSlot Saleen.....horrible wheels, dog of a motor, but a sorta decent body....nice mesh in the openings (and real openings). So.......Avant chassis to the rescue!

- cut the diffuser off the chassis and use the old body mounts to glue it to the body
- trimmed the edges of the side intakes to avoid interference with the edges of the chassis
- cut out the front body posts, and glued the posts into plastic tube.
- Trimmed posts and glued them into body
- Used a thin rubber piece under the rear body mount to aid clearance and cushion for handling

After photos:

I will give it a run at our Post 1990 GT class on Thursday...hopefully it will compare favorably with Slot.it McLarens and Nissan R390s that currently populate the class.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Nice work...I better relook at my bodies
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks for the info Dan. It looks like mine shipped. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but I'm thinking possibly a dirt late model.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Each chassis must have 8 grub screws in just the front axle adjustments. I am not sure what they were trying to do with all the front axle set up, it seems like overkill to me. All those grub screws come in handy though!!!
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reegs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:00 am

If you can find a body that fits (I got an Avant Kremer Porsche and it fits perfectly) you can't beat the deal, especially if you collect motors like I do.
Reegs

Postby Jerzeyguy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:01 am

Can anybody tell me what size tires fit on the rims ?
Jerzeyguy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:54 am

Because the front axle system was made for independent fronts.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:17 am

I just think the whole front axles assembly is overkill to adjust front wheels that don't steer or dampen. Again I am talking home track use, and perhaps on a high speed banked club track they are purposeful. I am harvesting all the grub screws and fitting straight axles in these chassis, which in most cases means I am changing the wheelbase at the same time.

The picture shows how I used Lego Technics blocks( which just happen to have a 3/16 bore meaning you can press fit in a 3/32 X /3/16 bearing in them. This modified chassis is then used under a Porsche 917.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:42 pm

And it is overkill for most. But if they left one screw out, you would hear a slew of critique for that omission. I was simply replying to your comment about "why".

I prefer a straight axle myself for my home use.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm

If any of you are not planning on using the stubby front axles, I'm more than willing to take them off your hands. We use them on our carrera magnet racers. Thanks Barc1
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:50 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4380r » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:59 am

Looking forward to getting the ones I ordered, although my optimism is diminishing daily. I'm at nearly 4 weeks and counting, with the last 'scan' being on 3/24.

I imagine my little box is sitting in a giant container sitting on a loading dock somewhere, buried in a mountain of other giant containers...
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale