[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What are your favorite 1/32 slot car builds this year?

What are your favorite 1/32 slot car builds this year?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What are your favorite 1/32 slot car builds this year?

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 pm

In the past 12 months, the cars that I have had the most fun building are a lot different than those from the previous 12 months. The most recent favorites are all modeling attempts at cars that ran in 1:1 races. Those from the earlier 12 months had all be chosen out of dimensional/performance interest. And there is a difference between the two; a least there is in my hands; at this point.

So, what did I enjoy building the most this time around? Here they are; in no particular order:

The Marmon Wasp:

Short, narrow, Spanish resin body, brass chassis, small FF-050 motor, but a lot of fun (and challenges) in the build. Custom one-off CG Slotcars 3DP insert wheels. Now running in the 100 Years of Indy proxy.

The Porsche 550 Coupe:

The La Carrera Panamericana Race was always one of my favorite 1:1 races. This little Porsche won it's class the first year that it ran and really opened my eyes to what a small displacement car that handled well could do. Munter resin body on a SCC SlotClassic chassis with SCC front axle blocks. Again, custom one-off 3DP wheel inserts from CG Slotcars. Runs smooth, but the narrow wheelbase is a challenge for me. Now running in the La Carrera Panamericana-2 proxy.

The OSCA MT-4:

I've always been a fan of the Maserati race cars and this one, from just a few years after the Maserati brothers got themselves free of the 10-year non-compete clause that they had in the original sale of their company to the Orsi family, is one of my favorite examples. O.S.C.A, the MT-4 stands for Maserati Tipo-4; 1500cc's of well-balanced racing cars. This one is also a Munter resin body on a SCC SlotClassic plastic chassis with CG Slotcars 72 spoke 3DP wheel inserts. Talk about narrow! But, fun, just the same. Now also running in the La Carrera Panamericana-2 proxy.

The Ferrari 250 GTO LM:

This one is an MRRC plastic body on a Slot.It HRS-2 chassis with CG Slotcars 72 spoke wire inserts. Small motored with the BWANC-1 motor, I like the riding stance of this car and it's just enough different from the ever-popular Ferrari 250 GTO SWB models to make it interesting. Now headed into the IPS proxy.

The Ferrari 330/P4:

My all-time favorite racing car; from a strictly visual standpoint, I don't think that, for me, there will ever be a race car that's as pleasing to the eye as the P4. This one is a Scalextric plastic body on a Slot.It Ford GT-40 chassis. Top heavy because of the Scaley body, it nevertheless was a fun build and a lot of fun to drive on the track. This one just arrived home yesterday from the 9 month long Ford-Ferrari Wars proxy.

So, there you have it; my top fun cars to build in the last 12 months. I'm not sure where this is heading for me, but the modeling part of the hobby is looking very attractive at this point........ Those who can both model and build fast cars at the same time are my current slot car heros, and there are quite a few of them out there. Just a couple that come to mind are chrisguyw, gascarnut, and drw21.

What have been your favorite builds over the past year?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: What are your favorite 1/32 slot car builds this year?

Postby Radarek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi Allan

My choice for last year is model that my son and me built together Lancia d24
Body George Turner chassis Penelope Pitlane. In line configuration with nsr 22k. Very easy to drive and with lots of character. Post race or barn find livery
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Nice cars!

Here are mine:

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Dennis
What body did you use for targa car?
Allan I like that marmot wasp. I really started to enjoy golden era cars. Ostorero is making one now.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

Really nice builds from everyone. Keep them coming - I need some inspiration.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:30 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Here are a few of mine. The 907 will eventually be silver as usual.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:59 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Radarek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 pm

That is what I'm doing now...
Repaint on GM Maserati 300s
2 weeks left to get this ready for TLOR proxy. Work in progress, decals like numbers tomorrow, still need to find some maserati logo decals. I had that car entered in last Targa florio proxy. New paint, new tires, new motor and gearing.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:44 pm

I didn't build a pile of cars in 132, but the 550 for the TLOR Proxy was the most detailed, as I attempted to do a detailed interior and engine bay.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:53 pm

Looks great Dan
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby clivearmstrong74 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Guys, you are all wizards at this game...Well Done, great cars!!!
One day I'll get to that level. My best built was Pontiac Firebird 1970:

Thanx All!

Cheers
Clive
clivearmstrong74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:33 pm

My sentiments too about moving towards a balance of modelling and performance.

My favorites this past year are,

55 Chevy (body and chassis)

Cheetah (chassis)

Porsche 914-6 (chassis)

Nothing better than pride of build for me.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:37 pm

:text-bravo: WOW, there all so nice, first class all of them :text-bravo: :text-thankyouyellow:
But the one that stands out for me is :o
Allan's P4 - #24
:text-bravo: Outstanding workmanship, just a great car, the color is wonderful. :text-bravo:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale