[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: If Pioneer releases a Javelin which motor configuration?

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:28 am

I have been rereading the posts , and it seems that the Biggest thing is not motor orientation , but Come on Jules we want a Pioneer Javelin lol. A testament to the quality of the Pioneer product line to be sure.
Now having said that , i am always one who complains when manufacturers change things technical in a series. So in honesty lets keep it a sidewinder, they run perfectly fine and compete well with anything in TA class be it Scalex or SCX.
So Lets get the Concours win in first and then see who can Brag for the Flag.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby JULES » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 am

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:24 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Mayberryman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi:

I would like to see Pioneer keep the sidewinder configuration. It is true and tested technology that seems to work well for them so far... why change something that is not 'broke".
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Sidewinder all the way. It is a motor configuration that has been tested to run better in my opinion than any other... I try to convert most of my cars to this method...
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:59 pm

steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:57 pm

I hope Pioneer does release a Javelin and no matter what the motor configuration or livery is I'll be getting one. Sidewinder, as Jules says, makes the most sense because it's what they've done and done well.

Right now I have about 16 each of Trans Am Mustangs and Camaros in my series, along with 4 Cougars, 3 Javelins (2 RMS resin bodied cars on Scaley chassis), a SCX 'Cuda, 2 Challengers, and a (RMS) Firebird. All the RTR ones look great and have been very competitive with each other so more Cougars, Javelins, and others would be most welcome.

Jules - if you build it I'll buy it.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:17 pm

What i would like to see from someone is the 1970 model Javelin. This car has just as much right as the 71/72's because it went head to head with all the factorys. Beside I think the hood looks cool. and Pioneer could do it in a sidewinder. Now someone do a Grey Ghost, that one is the one that is missing
Old Gray Wolf

Postby arroldn » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Steve,
I stand corrected. You finished with your Cuda in Second. Must have had the spreadsheet on the wrong page. Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 pm

If I were Jules I would consider going with the pre 1971 Javelin.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Jules, I have my VISA ready to go the second you have that Javelin ready to ship!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:52 am

Help me understand the desire for the 70 model Javelin? I think the 71 and later models look better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubleshots » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Doubleshots

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale