[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCX pro NASCAR

SCX pro NASCAR

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

SCX pro NASCAR

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:58 pm

I picked up one of these this past week. Basically an scx stocker with better guide and parts. If I ever figure out how to keep it on the track...look out!
This things a missle. im gonna try and find another.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCX pro NASCAR

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:10 pm

I agree, we raced them as a class, injust hope SVC and the parent company can work out their differences. An empty space at the SCX stall at the toy shownis not a good sign
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

I did read that review Harry, one of the reasons I wanted one...that's where Chappy stepped in! Thankyou again Chappy...I really like this thing, but I hafta dumb down the motor before feb 11 when we race oval and these types...it'll outgun my scales right now easily.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm

I should add..not having that goofy pickup guide all my other Scx cars have is a huge plus. Motors strong , but not easily managed in the lower ranges. I'll hafta use a scalextric motor or HR 18000 to stay in the 6 watt rule for this class.
I just like this car :banana-dance:
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Been testing this puppy a few days....here's where it's at
I pulled the 42-h motor to make it legal in our NASCAR class....I noticed a winding wire hanging fully out of it when I did but the stupid thing still was fast.
I used a revell/monogram motor out of one of my NASCAR cars and the scx pinion(10t I think)..cars still a bullit, definitely faster than my scalextric still and that's modded with bushings , gear etc.
All that's really left is try and get those axle adjusting screws in from the bottom of the chassis and set that better...they won't just screw in , holes too small and I got tired of trying.
7gram chunk on the left rail behind the front axle help it a lot turning left. Without that weight ( using the lighter interior to clear the fatter motor) the car was nearly 20 grams under the scalextric...that's about 1/4 of the scalies weight saved...pretty drastic.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:22 pm

The holes for the axle adjustment screws aren't tapped so you have to turn the grub screw very easily to cut threads into the plastic. Turn the screw in a little, back it out to clear the cut thread and then back in. Don't force it. The alan wrench supplied isn't very good and can round both itself and the grub screw if you are not careful. It is better to use a higher quality hex driver to do the job if you have one.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:16 pm

I gave it a go...holes too small to even start them...I'll drill,it part way tomm one size up. Yup, I'm gonna be careful, I,like this car.
I have a good hex driver too
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

Just got off the 25ft long oval here testing this car against a scaley and revell monogram..all cars with good axle parts , gear etc. this cars faster easily. Few more tweaks and I've got it ready to rock!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

What motor are you using 42B? I wasn't aware the car was that much lighter. The interior is it a vacuformed version?

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Arrold, The pro car uses the same body but a different chassis. The kit comes with a pretty lightweight injection molded tray interior plus another vacuform interior if you want to go even lighter. The motor is a hot rod version of the RX line. I forget the number designation. I think it is around 25K or so.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:01 pm

I used a revell/monogram motor out of one of the NASCAR stickers...it's lighter too . And when you do that you have to use the lighter interior for clearance because the motors taller. So you win both battles. This thing embarrasses my scalextric COT.
I just got a spare chassis so I'm looking for a Danica Patrick body for it.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks Mike. Never had a Pro model but I have a bunch of Dodges.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 pm

I have four of the Pro Nascars here. They are nice cars though the motor is only suited for large tracks. They are just workable on my BIG D Oval. I have one of the old Colgate Motion long can toothbrush motors in one of them and it drives much better on my track. Forgot to mention that the car also comes with an extra pod with mounts to fit any long can FF180 type motor. Since the head wall (gear end) of that pod is drilled for motor screws, you could also screw in a short can FF type motor into that pod too. I think a can drive C can motor would fit too if you used screws but I haven't tried it.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:20 am

That's about what I did using the revell motor. The second chassis I put a flat slot it boxer in because I only have one of the lightweight interiors for clearing the other motors.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale