TSRF CHASSIS

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TSRF CHASSIS

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:37 am

Has anyone used this chassis in any proxy racing or is there some reason I have not seen this chassis in use around here?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: TSRF CHASSIS

Postby Czar » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 pm

I have about 5 of the TSRF chassis. They are exceptionally fast. Probably have to have their own class as a proxy. They completely smoke most cars with a plastic chassis.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:34 pm

I know they are good but have heard and seen nothing about them on this forum and was wondering why?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:00 pm

My experience is that their stuff is as you say, very good, but in fact it is very fast! Too fast. What we called Stupid Fast. If there was a commercial track nearby, particularly a big one, I'm sure we wouldn't necessarily feel this way, but the fact is, even in that situation, they tend to be faster than my eyes will follow. Putting a slower motor in or higher gear ratios, would make the cost seem wasteful, so I have very little of the TSRF stuff, and all of it in in my parts boxes.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:49 pm

They were inspired to be placed under Fly Classics years ago. And they work as you have seen. There has been more emphasis on scratch building lately. So not a lot on all the hundreds of 3D and other premade chassis.

Years ago there were several proxies based on the chassis. Still are perhaps. By all means get one and build away.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:04 pm

I built a Trans Am Camaro for one of the proxies and as fast as it is , it still needs tuning.
Speed alone Dan as you know is not enough.
The Camaro was very fast , and folk figured it would smoke the field, but i didnt have the set up right. Having said that i wouldnt be scared of them, a good product but still needs the usual fiddling to get the best out of it
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale