[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - What a couple weeks

TGIF - What a couple weeks

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - What a couple weeks

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 am

It has been a very busy start to the new year around the Ye Olde Skunkworks.

Our big Showdown Series event was a blast and the amount of interest in the series is just great to see. Working on new rule changes and will publish ASAP.

A few new releases have caught my interest, mostly from Slot.it. I just like those Audi R8's.

The big Toy Fair is right around the corner. Wednesday, 01 February to Monday 06 February 2017 in Nuremberg. Every year our hobby shows off the new items officially (and sometimes unofficially) announced.

I'll do my best to pass on the latest news, but if I missed anything, feel free to SHARE it.

Thanks all for the recent donations and raffle. This is just greatly appreciated. I simply feel we have the highest caliber in this hobby right here.

Hope the New Year is going well for all of you. A lot of us are still reeling from the loss of Kieth. All we can do is move forward and honor his passion for the hobby. So time to keep building, racing, and having fun :)

Any special plans out there for the weekend? The General says I can clean the Skunkworks up...gosh I love that gal of mine! :auto-checkeredflag:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - What a couple weeks

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:55 pm

yes it has been a very busy start to the new year
my big plans for the weekend is to try and get my slot cave sorted again
so I can use the track
after doing a lot of redecorating inside the house over the holidays the shed became a storage zone
the club had it's first meet for the year the other night and came up with same great plans to work on event wise
one being a demo derby which will be a blast

I also have a lot of builds in the pipe line some in brass and some in plastic chassis
I will post these builds as they happen
after the 68 ponty that I am working on at the moment I have a Munter resin Ford GTHO next in line
this body is closer to scale than the new scaly version

here is a link to what it will look like

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiefor ... 700327212/
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Weeks? I'd say months! Just thinking about this post and remembering those we've lost, those who are sick, and those needing a hand. Heavy stuff. New job that is fabulous and is very busy but I'm extremely thankful for it. That all brings me to this: RMS Resins will be moving again. No, it is not April 1st. Yes, I am slightly crazy.

After three great years in this wonderful house we are moving back down the highway to Monument, CO. We miss the area, our friends, and want to get closer to my step-mom since dad is no longer here to help her as well as my son's in-laws. Crazy, right?

Except...while I lose my full basement shop, I gain a garage capable of becoming the resin-portion of the RMS Skunkworks - so that is awesome. I have plenty of room in the basement for my building activities. And I am going to build a new track. The PDR is not going to move well this time, and so I will make a change. MORE on that at a later date!

So, this T/A Proxy will be the last on this track and we will have an all-new playground by next year.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Well where to begin. All work has come to a halt on Canfield Green, due to me breaking my right shoulder. Fortunately tne track is running and i was just doing scenery and the basement walls. Luckily i have a friend vpcomingnin next week to finishe the framing and insulating of the walls. I cqnt squeeze my controller so no worries about running on the track anyway.inStart my hospital stuff on Monday and hope the surgeon can get at me quick. Then a quick healing and back to normal. I a going to try and make a 3 hr drive on Sunday to a club event , just to be there and enjoy the banter, but now Mother Nature is calling for a big snpw dump,pf anpther 30 cms and blowing snow.
Otherwise i will try and hold a small paint btush and put some color to some fi e marching band members that Shotgun graciously donated for my scenery.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby ourwayband » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:55 am

Bob,wishing you the best and a quick recovery Buddy!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kemtronracer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:10 am

Here's my current project:

I built a 16' X 4.5' table, then dug my old Artin sets out of storage and put this together. It looks a little rough right now, but we've got some time to get it together before racing starts in mid-March.
Kemtronracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:48 am

Dave - sad to hear about the loss of the existing PDR. I'm sure you'll take the opportunity to improve the new layout. I had a nice time one day there before I moved to AZ last year. Assuming you are keeping the name since it will be more accurate than in Castle rock, in commemoration I made up a PDR race program cover you might like. Have other covers if you are interested.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:41 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:45 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks David. Your idea of the trioval sounds very much like the track at Hollywood Florida, i think,it is called the race place. It is a replica of Daytona with the infield course aswell.
I forget how many lanes , but i think it is six, and there are maybe 12 little wedge shaped inserts that can be put in or removed to run either tei oval or road course. It was very impressive.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale