[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Long Time Carrera Dealers

Long Time Carrera Dealers

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Long Time Carrera Dealers

Postby chrisngreg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 am

Hi All, Can anyone provide info on any dealers or LHS's that carry a good inventory of spare parts? I'm trying to track down a set or two of 90229 tires for the circa 2009 D132 Chevelle 454 (30482) . This item appears to be out of stock in the free world, and I was hoping maybe some long-time Carrera dealers might have some stashed away. I've already done a fairly extensive internet/facebook search, and I'm looking for "new leads".

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Greg
chrisngreg

Re: Long Time Carrera Dealers

Postby Broman62 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:18 am

I'm assuming you've tried here: They have quite a bit of products!!
http://www.carreraslots.com/

Good luck on your search!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisngreg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm

I have checked at all of the sponsored dealers, and what e-tailers I could find with a major web presence (via Google). I've even checked (and found!) a set in Germany/EU. I'm mostly looking for any other places that maybe an internet search may pass by, but are know to stock a good amount of replacement parts. A lot of stores show them on their web site, but are out of stock, and, as Dave Kennedy has informed me, once a production lot is run, no more are made, and that's understandable. So parts for circa 2009 cars are becoming hard to find. I know I can put aftermarkets on and probably will, but would still like a set of "OEM's"

Thanks
chrisngreg

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 pm

These will have the same tires front/rear if that helps

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:34 pm

these could possibly be the same, but can`t confirm.

But if so Bruce shows them here
Image Carrera 89816 '67 Mustang $5.99
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I'll check and see. If I'm not mistaken, someone contacted me not to long ago and he had to go silicone on the rear.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Since Carrera knows that this is a problem, why don't they just list the wheel statistics so a proper tire can be mated?
That would be an easy fix. I could finally mate the correct size tire to the correct wheel.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisngreg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks for the possible compatibility suggestions. The GTO and Camaro tires are proving to be just as elusive as the Chevelle tires. The Mustang tires look like they might work on the fronts, and appear to be available. Some others suggested the late model NASCAR tires might be close enough for the rears. Any thoughts or other rear tire suggestions?

Greg
chrisngreg

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:44 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale