[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Someone call a wrecker?

Someone call a wrecker?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Someone call a wrecker?

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes, there are plenty of one off wild and woolly tow vehicles made over the years.

Carrera produces a lot for our hobby. The DTM series alone has become one of the most popular club racers in the hobby. Not to mention the classics, including the recent reintroduced Torinos. And finally, the latest Ferrari which came very close to winning Car of the year in our poll.

So if they want use a little creativity on a special release? Good for them. I cannot see where that indicates they are changing directions in all cases.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaFisch » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:23 pm

I pre-ordered 2 wreckers before even seeing a single photo. Now I'm just REALLY glad I have them coming. If you don't like it, move on..I appreciate the design and creativity and think it's GREAT! Thank you Carrera!!!
DaFisch

Postby buspor63 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Mine will get a lot more lights, because if there's one thing a truck need, is more lights!
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures, it may not be for everyone but I think it is a cool idea and I like the retro look. Carrera deserves credit for understanding that slots are toys and this will definitely appeal to kids young and old.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby DaFisch » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:57 pm

DaFisch

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Ok so I believe that this truck is loosely based on this Mercedes L319.
This is of course a toy version of it but a Google search will show that it's a very similar design to the wrecker.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: Someone call a wrecker? i did.

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Dave K and Carrera, good on ya.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm

I will get one for sure. I know it will be fun to have.Plus, I need something to run with my bus.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby CJR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 am

This model is on my list.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

Ha! Looks like Carrera "stole" my idea for the tow hook.... :lol:

Just kidding obviously...

While Carrera's truck is a bit unusual looking, I like the looks of it and think it will sell well, especially in Europe.

Good job Carrera :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Slot GT » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 am

Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 am

I'm really glad I pre-ordered one LAST February. Great to see the 'in action' pics. I love the red wheels. Would love to have extras of those for other builds. Sound is a wonderful bonus.

Only negative I see is that the exhaust stacks look a little exposed and fragile for racing & you KNOW you will be racing it eventually. A great competition would be to race with a car on the back and it's race over if you lose the car! A variation on 'Crash and Burn' format racing.
Thanks, Carrera.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am

Am I the only one thinking "cool track cleaner vehicle!"?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:44 am

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale