[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pipguide: a recap

Pipguide: a recap

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pipguide: a recap

Postby hkrslot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

Very cool concept, I was wondering did anybody mention independent front wheels. For years I've used independent front wheels in my builds to reduce tire friction in the turns.
hkrslot

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 am

Something just occurred to me. A race car going through a corner drives a path from the outside edge at the beginning of the corner to the apex and then back out to edge before proceeding down the next straight. This guide produces the opposite effect with the farthest outside at the middle of the corner. If this is so, it is not so authentic although somewhat cool looking.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:52 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

The new version of the chassis just came in! Very happy with how this looks! I will report back with my findings, but now I just wanted to share the first photo’s ;)

Cheers,

Pim

PipSlot

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:44 am

Keep us posted.

I very much like the way the flex arm softens the entry into corners. I actually believe it helps prevent deslots and rolls resulting in more consistent trouble free laps.

Just a thought.

A fold down "latch" could be incorporated that would limit or remove the flex action of the arm to give the slotter the option. So if you build a car and send it to a proxy you could fold down the latch and solidify the guide so it behaves "normally". I built a styrene piece that goes across my front bearing blocks. When in place it does not allow the guide arm to flex. I did this to allow me to do a comparison on the exact same car, with the only difference been the flex of the guide arm.

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks Dan, and that is a smart idea! hmmm :think:
PipSlot

Postby Guildman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:56 am

Pip, do you have any plans for doing a Pipguide suitable for scratch built cars? I don't buy RTRs and would love to see if your guide does the same as my piano wire-sideways-sprung brass chassis.

Cheers,
Martin
Guildman

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:26 am

That is a good looking chassis!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:17 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Guildman » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Dan,
oh dear, I'm not sure what you mean by that reply, but I'm sure it's well considered, so could I ask you to expand on that a bit?

Thanks,
Martin
Guildman

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Here is the Flex guide. I drew in the stirrup idea on one side, and on the otherside it just shows where you could drill a hole and then use nut and bolt to hold it in place.

Hope this helps

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Guildman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:46 am

Yup, didn't realise it was that simple! Sorry and thanks.

Cheers,
Martin
Guildman

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 am

I am happy to say that the latest version of the chassis is spot on, it fits the Sauber C9 perfectly and the ride is smooth. I want to test some more, but I think this one is about ready :)

thanks for watching!
PipSlot

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 am

Oh wow. very nice. I really like the wire guides you added to the frame, Nice touch.

Also to others who are not sure about the flex guide, as mentioned earlier if you like the chassis you can always make a jig to remove the flex in the flex guide. I say this not because I have found anything to dislike about the flex guide, and am only mentioning it to highlight this could be a made into a non flexing guide as well. The drive with the flex guide is different with much "softer" cornering.

Nice, is this now available in your Shapeways shop?

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am

PipSlot

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale