[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pipguide: a recap

Pipguide: a recap

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Pipguide: a recap

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

PipSlot

Re: Pipguide: a recap

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 am

Crazy Cool! It does give a very realistic look in the corners. Might have to try this mod!
thanks for sharing

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 am

Welcome to HRW

As you are aware I am using this guide in the chassis I am using in the build off. I will concur that car behaves differently. It seems softer and floats through the corners more. I can not quantify an improvement in performance, but it doesn't seem to be hurting my lap times either. This is my first experience with this guide, so perhaps there is some front end tuning that I need to learn in able to capitalize on the new dynamics.

Thanks for posting. I will include the link in my build now that I have it.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:19 am

I like this concept and immediately wanted to include it in some builds. But I only race digital so I think the LED has to be kept in the proper location. Plus it takes a lot of the same space up.

So it seems like I will be missing out.

Great work on the idea. I love it and was hoping to watch 1/32 cars zooming around the big 1/24 scale Carrera track and swerving back and forth.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Proxieken,thanks, yes I would love to develop a version for digital cars, but I would need some help with setting the design comditions. I have no experience with digital, so I am curious to what areas the Pipguide would need to avoid to get it working
PipSlot

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 am

The issue with digital is that of the sensor spacing between the car and track. The side to side play that the flex guide allows could prevent the sensors lining up.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm guessing the front tires need to be hard and slide easily for it to work better? Grippy fronts would be bad?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot_It_bob » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:02 pm

This is a very cool concept! I think I'm going to order 4 of each and experiment.
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm

PipSlot

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Are they just glued to the chassis floor? I don't see that white chassis on your site?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm

yes, just glued with superglue. The white chassis is prototype 1, I will test version 2 soon, which is another step towards the final version that hopefully will go on sale in a couple of weeks

cheers,

Pim
PipSlot

Postby Racie35 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Send prototype please..

:text-yeahthat:
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:48 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:09 pm

It could be done with Carrera Digital as well. You would have to remove the LED from the board and attach it to the guide flag. What would help would be a guide flag with the necessary LED holder molded in place. A perfect 3D printing project to go along with this guide arms

There is a lot of sideways movement, and it would allow for some bumping at Lane changers without an actual deslot happening

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PipSlot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Your idea sounds like a lot like this :) http://www.chase-cars.com/index.php/ada ... ic-digital
PipSlot

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale